Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Two For One

Your getting a two for one post today. Somehow I fell a day behind on blogging so I'm using today's post as my catch up post.

Monday's usually aren't my favorite day but this Monday was an exception to the rule. It was a great one! I must admit it took me 45 minutes after the clock went off to get up and get motivated but once I was up I was good to go. Axle was dragging too. Must have been all the sunshine we basted in this past weekend!

I got the kids to school and then Rebekah, Anika and I drove about 30 minutes to a nearby lake, They have a beautiful walking trail and with Rebekah being new to the area, she had never saw it. She loves to walk and I'm hoping to learn to walk so I figured it would be a great place to spend our morning. Boy was I right. It was a gorgeous walk and we got in about 2 1/2 miles! I couldn't believe just how much I enjoyed it. I'm already excited to go back!










After our walk we headed back towards home. We did make a short pit stop at a Yard Sale on our way. You know me, I can't pass up a Yard Sale! This was my kind of Yard Sale too, everything was cheap. I ended up scoring a vanity for Anika's Bathroom, a television for Lee's room and these two crochet throws. Do you not just love these? The best part, I got them for a shiny nickle!



When I got home, it was time to pick up Annalee so off to school I went to get her. She had a great day but she always does playing outside.




Her and I came home and she spent time playing outside with her sissy and sissy's friend while this mommy napped! Lazy, I know but the walk jerked the sap out of me!

I managed to sleep about 2 hours and then it was time to pick up Axle. He too seemed to have a good day. He and I ran to the gas station for some soda before heading back home. Once home, sis and I got the house cleaned up a bit and the rest of the evening was rather relaxing! The kids played outside off and on all evening long. I played on facebook for awhile, donee some blog reading and searched the internet for summer break ideas. I'm working on a summer schedule type thing for my kids. I really think it will help us keep focus this summer and savor every moment of it instead of just letting the time pass by.

Anika's new guy friend stopped by for a bit. It was the first time she had heard from him in 3 days. I got to tell you, I'm not trusting this guy much.

The hubby was late getting home from work. He ended up stopping by a buddies on his way. He brought home two jars of peppers his buddy gave him and I was tickled pink. They are the best peppers ever,



Our night winded down fairly early. I fixed us burgers and the kids pancakes per their request! They both got bathed, I laid out our clothing for school and then we headed to bed. Hubby and I got a few moments of adult conversation before the kids came to bed so that is always nice. A few moments when you have a teen and two babies in the house means a lot!

I must've slept like a rock last night because I vaguely remember SJ leaving for work this morning. Rebekah woke me up banging on the door at her usual time. We chatted for a bit and then she headed home and I woke the kids up. Axle was in a bad mood this morning. The boy is NOT a morning person!

I managed to get them ready and to school though. Annalee was ready for the day but Ax was still pretty grumpy. Before heading home I ran down to the store and grabbed Sis and I a soda. I have quit buying soda and only get one when I'm out now. I'm hoping it helps me loose a little weight plus it's much better for my health.

By the time I got home Sis was already getting cleaned up so I hopped in the shower and got myself ready too. I had to take a photo since I rarely wear dresses.




We arrived at Rebekah's at 10:00 this morning and rode with her to the next county over. We had a Headstart Meeting today at the Ramada! It's a beautiful place and I don't know why I didn't take photos but I did snap this one of Benjamin staring at the fountain! He was amazed.





The meeting went well. There was a guest speaker speaking on children with disabilities which was quite interesting. The rest of the meeting was pretty much our usual topics. Our county did win the parent involvement award this time which was awesome. I also won the door prize which was this darling photo frame!



They fed us very good today. We had Cod, Hushpuppies, Corn, Green Beans, Mashed Potatoes, Salads and Banana Pudding. I feasted, it was delicious.

On our way home we stopped by the school and got the girls. Rebekah was taking her kids to the playzone at our local Community Center so Annalee and Anika went with them. It was a nice break for me and I took my daily nap while they were gone. They returned  just in time for the girls and I to head to Axle's school.

Axle had a luau dance to attend this evening. It was a cute little dance but I didn't get pictures because they ran short on help so I pitched in and ended up working what time we were there. Axle wasn't really feeling it anyway and was ready to come home an hour  into it! Annalee on the other hand was mad when we had to come home. She's coming out of her shell so much. I did grab this pic of Sis on our way because how darling does she look?


This evening Axle has napped which is highly unusual for him. He must have been worn out. He slept about an hour and is up now. Hubs is home and is in his garage putting carpet in the boat. Lee has already had her bath, Sis and I cleaned house and got the floors mopped and Ax already has his homework done. Supper is getting ready to come out of the oven and then I'll be doing a little planning and we will all head to bed. Tomorrow is another busy one for us!

Hope you guys are enjoying your week!!!!
Talk to you soon

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment