Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Tuesday Tallk- Real Life

Well I made it back to the blog world again today. That's a good sign that I'm settling back into blogging just fine. I sure have missed this little space.

Today I'm bringing you some Tuesday Talk- Real Life!

* I stayed up way too late last night. It might have had something to do with the 3 hour nap I took yesterday. Unfortunately for my husband when I finally crashed around midnight, I totally crashed. He broke down at work and called me a blue billion times but couldn't get me to answer the phone. He finally bummed a ride home and came strolling in around 4:00 this morning. Yep, total wife fail.

* The kids & I are doing NO better at getting to school on time. This will probably just be a lifelong issues for us. We were earlier than normal today though so I counted that as a total win :)

* Every morning I get a Sausage, Egg and Cheese Biscuit from the gas station down the road. I pay ENTIRELY too much for it and all because I'm too lazy to drive to McDonalds. Yep, sad but true.

* I have three VERY good friends in my life. You know the kind that always has my back no matter what. I totally don't take care of these friendships as well as I should. I need to strive to do better at that.

* I am absolutely dreaming of visiting Savannah, Georgia. There is a bus trip heading there at the end of this month and I want to go so bad I can taste it. I totally know I don't have the money but still, I want to go. It's been on my bucketlist forever. If there wasn't so many other things going on at the first of next month it would be a no brainer but my calendar is swamped and it all costs money. Will I do the responsible thing and forego the trip or will I be totally irresponsible and head on out anyway? That my friends is still to be determined!




* I went to the funeral of a friend today. My heart absolutely broke for his children. His children are my age and are neighbors to me. My husband and him used to ride motorcycles together years ago. Just last weekend he was sitting in my garage chatting away. It seems so unreal that today they buried him on the hill in front of my home. Life is so short and we should cherish every single moment. It's so easy to get caught up in day to day things & to forget how precious every second we are granted really is.

* This evening I attended my last Born Learning Meeting at my kid's school. Born Learning is simply a program that teaches you tips and tools to help educate your kids at home. It was a six month program and we met once a month. It was very interesting and they always fed us a delicious meal. Today they surprised four of us who had came to all six meetings with a nice dinner complete with decorations and a ton of gifts. I was so overwhelmed I almost cried. To be rewarded for taking interest in my children's education was such a compliment. We truly do have great people in our school systems. Below is what we were given. We hit the jackpot!

A DVD Player

DVD's for the Kids!

Sidewalk Chalk for each Kid

Headphones for the Kids

A Gorgeous Photo Frame

A Bean Bag Toss Game for Family Fun

A new 10 Person Tent

A Tripod Grill

A New Cooler on Wheels

Fishing Poles for the kids

* Our night is winding down. Lee has had a bath and is watching cartoons. Sis is in the tub and Axle and I are getting ready to do his homework. We will be calling it a night soon. I've got a little tidying up to do and some planning to do before catching up on some Criminal Minds and closing my eyes. Tomorrow is a new day full of new opportunities. Hope it is a wonderful one for all of you.

Angie





2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your frined. :(

    Three good friends...that is wonderful! They are very hard to come by! Yes, take care of them....and they will take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am so impressed with all the wonderful things you got from the school. I know you weren't expecting that and so great that they recognize you and the other three moms who are so interested in their children.

    I'm so sorry about your friend. I'll pray for his family. Life is so short. I was in Tennessee last month for the funeral of Joe's first wife (his son's mother). She was fine one day (I was talking to her) and two days later she was dead. We need to cherish each day we have.

    I'm so glad you are back blogging and that I can keep up with you. I consider you a good friend.

    Oh, and I hope that you get to Savannah if not now at least some day. I loved it when I went there. But that was about 20 years ago (20?!) and I know it must have changed in all that time.

    ReplyDelete