Friday, January 1, 2016

Welcome 2016

Gosh, it feels good to start a New Year! I'm so odd but it just seems like a new year brings a new chance and all sorts of new opportunities. I'm totally excited about it. I'm claiming 2016 as MY YEAR to shine! I've just got a good feeling about it.

Our New Years Eve was quite low key. The hubby spent his day at work. He had to go in at 2:00 am so I wasn't sure if he'd be able to ring the New Year in with us or not but he made it. He's a tough cookie. Anika spent her day at Mom's crying. Her and the boyfriend were arguing. They made up though and ended up having a New Years dinner at the Lodge together. As for me, my day was spent taking care of this little sick one.

Bless her heart!

I swear this virus has just about gotten the best of all of us. It hit Axle much harder than Lee but she's still struggling with it.

I did make it to the store to get some New Years goodies. We had a great big selection of finger foods that I prepared and we even had a friend and her family stop by to eat. They didn't ring in 2016 with us though, they were exhausted from being on a trip for the past week.



We all made it to see 2016 come in- even the babies! Here's a shot of me and sis, our last photo of 2015.

Oh and if your wondering why my photos are so blurry, I think it has something to do with my phone! Gotta work on that!

Anyway, today is January 1st and it's been a nice relaxing day. I haven't left the house but did get a few things accomplished! I got all the Christmas Decor down including the trees! I also fed my family a big dinner tonight featuring Kraut! I started to go to my Mom's but just didn't make it. I've gotten quite lazy if I have to say so myself. Come Monday when school goes back, I'm going to be in trouble. 

Little Miss is still sick. She seems to get worse at night which means no sleep for this mommy! She should be feeling better soon though if this virus affects her like it did Axle! Guess time will tell.

We don't really have any weekend plans! Probably just do a lot of lounging to start the New Year. I'm totally okay with that too!

While I do have goals/bucklist info to post, I'm going to wait until Monday. I've decided to take the weekend off from any pressure other than maybe cleaning the house! I mean it is a holiday and all.

Friends I hope you all are having a great start to 2016- next week we will be back in the swing of things but for right now, I'm declaring it vacation time!!!!

Happy 2016
Much Love

Angie



4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Angie. I hope the sickness soon leaves your house and family and you can start on all your plans and dreams for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel as you do. It's a new year stretching before us with endless possibilities. Everything is new. I guess you could say that about every day, but somehow New Year's Day seems different.

    Hope your littles are better and that nasty virus leaves your house soon!

    Enjoy your long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Lee is feeling much better by now. Many blessings for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just did the same thing with our daughter, and I am o glad I have the pictures to remember things. It is funny that you develop this habit with kids of saying you will do things tomorrow, then find out they are packing for college and you are in tears wondering where all the time had escaped to in your life.

    Garrett Newman @ Branson Regal

    ReplyDelete