Sunday, November 22, 2015

Thanksgiving Week is Ahead

I typed up this post once and for some reason something quirky happened to it. Here I am, typing it up again. Instead of typing a lengthy post like I did the first time, I'll just do a quick recap of the day. Sorry friends, blame it on blogger.

* The girls and I went to Church this morning. Frankly, Lee was a last minute church goer but she got there. She didn't want to go all morning long right up until time for me to walk out the door. I started to leave her and then I thought, who am I to deprive her of church. I got her put together very quickly (she looked like an orphan today) and took her with me. We were late but we made it.

* We had a wonderful service. I just love the blessing I get from attending. One of the guys in our church has been trying to obey God and I think God is calling him to preach. He said a few words today and despite his nervousness, he did a wonderful job. Praying that he does what God would have him to do.

* The music today was amazing but then again it always is. We are blessed with some beautiful singers.

* I had woke up this morning with a back that was giving me troubles. By the time I got home I was absolutely miserable. I ended up going to bed and not getting up till 4:00. Luckily it has eased off.

* The hubby has been very agitated, short and just uncontent acting lately. I'm not sure what is going on with him. Please pray that God will deal with him and that I will be a good example for him.

* I wanted to go to the funeral home time but just didn't make it. Hopefully I will get there tomorrow night. I'm planning on attending the funeral too. My Aunt's Husband's Dad passed away and although I didn't know him too awfully long, he was a very sweet guy from my short association with him.

* Luckily I put dinner in the crockpot this morning so cooking was made easy today. I tried a new recipe and it was so good. Basically it is baby potatoes, chicken breasts and 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup all threw together in the crockpot. The soup makes a great gravy though. So yummy and so easy! I will be making it again!


* While I was asleep, sis did all the housework for me. She even swept and mopped the floors. I'm so blessed!


* Hubby spent most his evening in his garage. The guy he sold the boat to yesterday came and got it today. Kind of glad that big eye sore is out of my way.

* I browsed Black Friday ads this evening and I'm confused. Why are they calling it Black Friday? The sales are on Thursday! I don't know if Sis and I will go or not. She is wanting to. I love the atmosphere, the hustle and bustle and so forth. There is a few things I'd like to score but we all know Black Friday is a lot like the lottery, you never know if you will win or not! I really need a tree though and I'm thinking they should be on sale OR maybe I should do a real tree this year. I don't know, I'm riding the Black Friday fence, can you tell?

* I've started making a Christmas list of things I've bought and things I need to buy. I've decided I need a money tree!

* Poor Sis hasn't seen Cody all weekend- the boy is hunting obsessed! She isn't liking it either

* Tomorrow Axle has an Inflatable party at school. I know he's going to enjoy that.

* Tonight my heart is just heavy. It's heavy for my husband. I wish I could explain it but I don't have the words. Please remember him in your prayers.

* Tomorrow starts Thanksgiving Week and I'm ready! It's going to be a busy week. Monday I will be delivering the poinsettas I sold for Axle's school, I will be going to a Basketball Game & Parent's Night and I'm going to try to go to the funeral home. Tuesday is the funeral and then our ladies group will be having our Friendsgiving Dinner. Wednesday the kids and I might try to go to a Christmas parade, I'm unsure right now. Thursday is Thanksgiving and we will be celebrating, we also might go Black Friday shopping. Friday we will be decorating for Christmas, Saturday is Date Night and Sunday we are going to Church and possibly to a car show!

* The following week Sis and I are going to New York- eek I'm excited!!!

* My Sister in Law made this dress for her daughter and I'm so in love. She's going to try to whip up one for me for Annalee. Isn't this absolutely gorgeous?


* Well friends, the kids are in the bed, the dishwasher is washing, stuff is laid out for tomorrow and I'm ready to face a new week head on.

Hope you all have a BLESSED Thanksgiving Week!!!!

Angie

3 comments:

  1. You have a busy week ahead of you. Thanksgiving week is always hectic but you have more than your share.

    I never do Black Friday shopping. In fact I stay far, far away. Most of the time I am working anyway. Last year was the very first time I ever went shopping on the day after Thanksgiving and that was at 4 p.m. The store was almost empty of people but the sales were still on. I went in, got what I wanted, and was out of there fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is just beautiful!!!
    Prayers for your husband.....God knows....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of the crockpot recipe ... I've added it to the new recipes to try list. Thanks Angie.

    ReplyDelete