Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Friendsgiving & Stuff

You would think I'd have a post full of pictures for you today but I don't. I totally flake when it comes to taking lots of pictures anymore. I get so caught up in things and I just forget!!!!

I was up half the night last night. I tossed and turned feeling very sick to my tummy. I ended up getting up and moving to the couch at almost 3:30 am.


Hubby got up at 4:30 and I was still tossing and turning. I talked to him before he went to work and Lee came and got on the couch with me. Apparently she wasn't sleeping great either. I don't know what time it was when I actually fell sound asleep but it was late, I know that.

Of course this put us late for school again today. Both the little one's made it there around 9:30. We would have been there sooner but Ax forgot his bookbag and we had to turn around and get it. Then he wouldn't hush till I went to the gas station and got stuff for his lunch box. We made it though, better late than never I guess.

Sis didn't go to school today. She bargained with me last night and I gave in. Her and I went to town after we got the kids dropped off. I had to go pick up a gift for the Blessing Basket our Ladies Group put together tonight. Here's what I ended up getting.

Loved this blanket

Got a plaque that matched it

Sis started getting cleaned up when we got back from town. I did laundry, dishes and put some potatoes in the crockpot. I used the little baby potatoes, peeled and sliced them. I threw them in the crockpot and dumped a Ranch Packet (just the seasoning packet itself) on top of them. I cooked them about 5 hours. Oh my word they were absolutely perfect. Don't believe me, try it yourself :) 

I talked to my friend Christie on the phone forever before heading back out to pick up Lee from school and take Sis to Mom's. I didn't mind really, I had to deliver the poinsetta's to Mom's anyway. Mom and Sis went to the mall today. Anika had some Christmas shopping she needed to do. Apparently she was feeling very catty today because this is the photo she sent me while they were out. Silly child!


Lee and I did some housework. Well I worked and Lee messed up. It was a team effort. I got the place looking in okay shape and even got the floors mopped and swept. Laundry is overtaking my kitchen table though. I'm going to have to fix that tomorrow.

Before I knew it, it was time to go pick up Axle. He had a good day. Today he spent most of his day watching Thanksgiving Plays. He was just excited that today was his last day for the week. Trust me, I'm as excited as he is.

We came home and I put a ham in the oven. This was only the 2nd ham I'd ever made but it turned out good. While it was cooking I took a bath and got cleaned up for the evening out. I can't tell you just how much I enjoy our Ladies Group!

Sweater- Cato's
Black Tee- JC Penny
Jeans- JC Penny
Shoes- Borrowed from Sis

I finished wrapping up all the food, packing meeting stuff to my car and heating some rolls. The kids and I headed up to the Extension Office for our meeting. This was our first meeting at the Extension Office but won't be our last. The place is SO NICE. It has tons of space and even a fully equipped kitchen. The best news, they let us use it for FREE!!! You can't beat that.

The kids only stayed for a few minutes until my Hubby got there from work to pick them up. We had 8 ladies total tonight. One of our regulars had dance practice and Anika didn't get to go either. The meeting was great though. We ate first because we all like to eat. Our menu consisted of Ham, Corn Casserole, Lazy Perogies, Chicken Cheese Ball and Crackers, Rolls and Cornbread. Our desert table had Coconut Cake, Dirt Pudding, Apple Pie and Caramel Cupcakes. We ate good!!!!

After dinner one of our girls brought all her Scentsy Samples to share. She is hosting a party. We were like wild women smelling all the different scents. I will be ordering some of that stuff. I'm seriously in love with it.

We discussed some details of things coming up. Our next meeting is set for December 8th. It will be our Cookies and Crafts Meeting. We will be making an adorable Christmas Craft. All ladies are going to bring a dozen of their favorite cookies and we will be serving hot chocolate. I can't wait. 

We also have our Christmas Party planned. We are doing an ugly sock swap! We will be filling the socks with little treasures and then we will be swapping with each other. It's going to be so cute. I'm not sure what the menu will be yet, we haven't decided!!!!

We also set a date for our Christmas Caroling at the Nursing Home. This will be for the kids however we will be singing with them. Each resident will receive a candy cane and some one on one conversation time too!

Finally, we decided on our December Service Project. We know a family in dire need right now. We will be buying clothing and toys for the kids and supplying the family with a Christmas Dinner they can prepare! 

Our November Service Project items were all collected and I must say it's going to make a beautiful blessing basket. The basket will be delivered to the lady tomorrow. I hope it brings a smile to her face!

So definitely a successful meeting tonight. I'm so thankful for these ladies!!!!

I got home around 10 till 9:00 and of course only got to speak to the Hubs a few minutes before he had to go to bed. Bless his heart, he has to work tomorrow while the rest of us lounge around. Tomorrow is his last one for the week too and I know he's glad.

Anika got home a little after 10:00 and said she got all her shopping done. She went to bed as soon as she got home. She must've been exhausted!

All in all it's been a great day. The kids are officially off for Thanksgiving Break so let the fun begin. This year's Thanksgiving holiday has already been awesome. This is the first year I've done a Friendsgiving with a group of girls and it was totally the best. I'm hoping to have many more in the years to come!!!!

I've got a boatload of stuff I should do tonight but this old gal is tired so I think I'll hit the hay. I'll check in with you tomorrow though.

Happy Thanksgiving Week Everyone!!!
Angie





2 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your ladies group. What a wonderful group of ladies! And congrats on making your ham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading about your busy day. Lots of fun stuff!! Happy turkey day!!

    ReplyDelete