Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Something New

So I decided that since I'm pushing myself in all aspects of my life, I'd take on yet another challenge. I actually read an article about this challenge and was so intrigued. The lady decided to do something new for 365 days. While here items were a little more extreme than mine will ever be, I thought I'd take on this challenge myself. Now while I'm not going to guarantee that I'll ever succeed totally at this, I'm going to at least attempt it. I mean if I only do a few new things then no loss, right? I'll be updating this once a week (at least I'll try). I'm not really setting any rules for myself on this other than I am going to try to do one new thing a day. Now it may be something I've previously done but not in years and some may be little things but either way, I thought it would be a fun challenge. Here is my Day's 1-7 of doing something new!!!


Day 1: Started a Mom's Group on Meetup.com. While I'm not sure how well it will go, it's something I've always wanted to be a part of. I figured might as well go for it and start my own. Hoping for the best!

Day 2: Made a Chicken Noodle Casserole. I've never made one before and Anika always raves about how good my Mom's is. I decided to whip one up. It was rather easy to make but to be honest I wasn't a big fan of it.

Day 3: I played on a Teeter Totter! We stopped by the park and I couldn't resist it. I hadn't been on one in years and let me just tell you it was way fun! I might have laughed until I almost cried!

Day 4: Made Homemade Salsa. This is something I have done before but not in a very long time. I lost my recipe I used to use so I just winged it. It definitely needed more spice to it.

Day 5: Drank White Chocolate Caramel Cocoa. Normally I'm a French Vanilla Capacino girl but that morning I decided to try something new. Yeah it was good but not as good as my French Vanilla :)

Day 6: I took my cousin a Birthday Gift. I know that sounds ridiculous but I have a slew of Cousins that I'm very close too. They are all probably more family involved that I've ever been though. Lately it's been on my heart to try and get closer to my family so when my Cousin's Birthday rolled around, I put her a gift basket together and delivered it to her. She sent me the sweetest Thank You message. It made my heart smile!

Day 7: I attended a Ladies Auxillary Meeting. I've always wanted to go to one and for some reason never had. I guess maybe fear of feeling out of place. Anyway, I broke down and went and let me tell you, I so enjoyed it. I'll definitely be going back!!!!

So there you have it, my 1st week of new things! Stay tuned next week for another update :)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I think you are doing some amazing things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to join ladies groups, but have not either for the same reason. Maybe I should give it a go. Thank you for the nudge. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete