Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Stuff I didn't want to Do

Gosh it's been a busy long day. Honestly, I'm drained tonight. I think this is the tiredest I've been in awhile. Luckily tomorrow is a bit slower paced. I have a Parent Meeting at 8:30 and a few errands but other than that I'll be staying home. It's probably a good thing, my house is needing it.

The kids both went in to school late today thanks to their mom (me)! I totally overslept this morning. That makes twice this week. I don't know what my deal has been. I tried to sucker Axle out of packing his lunch this morning to save us some time but nothing shaking. He's obsessed with packing his lunch even though he eats off the tray too. To make matters worse, Axle fell off the steps on our way to the car this morning. He took a pretty hard hit on his back. The steps were wet and slick & of course being a boy he wasn't paying attention. I know it hurt because he cried and cried. Ax is a tough guy, he cries very seldom. He got back up though, walked it off and we went on to school.

Lee was a little teary eyed this morning when I dropped her off. Her teacher said she done good today though and actually only cried once because she had an accident. She's been peeing on herself lately at school but I think I've figured out why. I asked if they were actually going in the restroom with her and they aren't. She has trouble getting her clothes up and down so I'm betting that's what the problem is. Hopefully now that I brought it to their attention, they will help her a little more.

Ax had no issues this morning. Actually he caused me to have an issue. He told me he wanted to walk into the school all by himself. I just couldn't believe it. We are talking about the boy who had to be drug to class at the beginning of the year. He has came so far with his social skills and sensory issues this year. He's growing out of them I think.


I spent my day today at my Grandma's house. It was something I didn't want to do but it had to be done. My grandma as some of you probably know, passed on Christmas last year. It's the most horrible feeling in the world going into someone's home and tearing it down. That's exactly how I spent my day. We threw away and donated things that were at some point important to her. We had to go through her stuff as if it was our own. It's such a hard process but thankfully it's done. All that is left is a few pieces of furniture that I'm going to bring to my house in the coming weeks. It's just unbelievable to me that my Granny has been gone almost a year. October 16th is her birthday and I dread seeing it come around. She always loved her birthday. Boy oh boy how I miss her. She was truly my best friend in this world.

We worked up there for several hours. I had to run and pick Annalee up so we got lunch to fuel our bodies to continue on. We had KFC courtesy of my Mommy. Have I told you lately what a good Mommy I have? We finished up around 3:00 which was just enough time for me to go to the Courthouse to get a paper and pick Axle up from school.

While I was at the school I went ahead and had a conference with Annalee's Speech Therapist. Annalee has a SEVERE speech issue. She stammers and stutters something terrible. Sometimes it's very difficult for her to even have a conversation with you. Her therapist agreed that she needs more Speech time so they are going to be working with her an additional day each week at school and I'll also be contacting someone trying to get her some private speech therapy.

After we got home this evening I cleaned up my house and got things ready for tomorrow. Hubby and I were planning to go to Louisa to get a paper filled out after he got home but it ended up not working out that way. Unfortunately Hubby had to work late so I ended up having to go do it myself. The kids went with me and even Anika and Cody were kind enough to ride with me. It was a trip I was dreading but it didn't turn out so bad. I'm just glad to have it done with :)

We got home around 8:30 tonight. Hubby had ordered us pizza, bless his heart, so we ate and then he went to bed. Ax and Lee played on You Tube a bit and then they turned in too. I myself am exhausted so I plan on heading that way really soon as well.

Ax is excited for school tomorrow- he is going to be tye dyeing t-shirts. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Folks, that is how my day went. I done a bunch of stuff I didn't really want to do but all in all it was actually a pretty good day :)

Hope everyone has a good Thursday!!!
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment