1. We overslept this morning. Now normally this would've upset me but we have done SO well this year that I'm not even going to be too hard on myself. It wasn't exactly the best day to oversleep because of how much I had to do but it happened. We survived it though and got everything done just as needed
2. I got the kids to school about 9:00 this morning & both went in with smiles. It's amazing how well Annalee has adjusted and Axle is just a superstar student this year. Not having crying kids sure makes my mornings a little brighter too. The kids have so much going on at school right now, especially Axle. He's got a few upcoming field trips but I'll tell you all about them later. Today was Grandparent's Day for him too. My mom went and had lunch with him and then got to tour his classroom. He was pretty excited about it. Lee's class is a little slower pace because it's just a Preschool class but they still get to do plenty of fun things. Playing on the playground is her absolute favorite!
Grandparent's Day with Nana
Lee's Artwork Today
3. I had a meeting today at our local Tea Room I am Secretary of our Parent Group for Annalee's Headstart Center as well as I sit on the Policy Council. Today I was elected Secretary of the Policy Council as well as I'll be sitting on the Policy Committee. These all make important decisions about every aspect of our her school. I love being involved and free food is a bonus. Today the meeting really was more electing officers and such than anything. I got my By Laws book and I'm pretty excited to be participating in this. Our next Parent meeting is Thursday so I'll update you then on how well I like the secretary position. I think it's going to be a good year though.
4. Anika is wanting a new IPhone so I swung by Appalachian today to find out if we had an open contract. Lucky for her, we do. Looks like she will be getting a new one but as a bonus I'll be getting her old one. My old IPhone got broke so I'm pretty happy about getting another. My phone right now is just a cheap one and I'm ready for an upgrade.
5. The weather around here is just PERFECTION!!!!! The temps have been in the 60's and 70's all week. I can't tell you how much I'm loving it.
6. Anika's school held Parent/Teacher Conferences today so that is where I spent my evening. I got all good reports on Anika. It's always nice to hear teachers praise your child. She has a few tests to make up this week before Fall Break starts so she will be staying after school. Other than that, it was all good things!
7. Dinner tonight was Subway. Am I the only person that is in love with Subway's Flat Bread? My sandwich was great but I ventured out and got the Hubby the new Braised Beef and he hated it. Apparently it looked better on the menu than it tasted. Oops!
8. Homework is done and the kids are bathed and in the bed. Anika's in her room watching television and the Hubby is already sleeping because this is his dayshift week. I'm heading to bed soon myself. Tomorrow I've got a hair appointment at noon and I have no idea what I'm going to do to it yet. Also tomorrow is Blue and White Day at Ax and Lee's school to show support for the girls basketball tournament tomorrow night. Check back tomorrow for hair pics and their cute outfit photos.