Friday, March 27, 2015

The Week I don't want to Repeat!!!!

It's been one hell of a week. Pardon my language but friends it's so true. I didn't think I'd make it through. I did though and now I'm hoping to recharge my batteries this weekend. I can honestly say today TGIF :)

Here's just a brief summary of how my week went down. Don't be prepared for a lot of exciting things or your going to be disappointed.

Monday
Of course we overslept for school. Definitely NOT how I wanted our week to start out but oh well. I decided to keep the kids from being any later, I'd take them and then come home and get ready for work. Mr. Axle was one big hot mess. He threw a tantrum and a half. I have no idea why he's started doing this again. I managed to get him dropped off though and Anika to school. Lee and I then came home so I could get cleaned up.

I was giving a new housekeeper/sitter a trial run last week. She showed up on Monday morning and seemed eager to get started. I gave her a list before I headed off to work and told her if she needed anything to call me.

I delivered Lee Lee to my Mommy and went on to work. It was noon before I got there! My workday wasn't bad and I ran the surface on my title. It actually went fairly smoothly. The doctor's office called while I was working and informed me that they got Anika's appointment scheduled with the surgeon this coming Monday so I was glad to hear that.

After work Mom called wanting me to stop by Walmart for her so I did. She needed some stuff for supper. I went ahead and grabbed an already cooked chicken while I was there. I figured that would make my dinner much easier to prepare. Of course I also got Anika a shirt and some other misc. stuff. It seems like I can't walk in Walmart without spending $100.00.

I picked up the kids and boy was that a real treat. Ax took a fit on me like never before. It was bad my friends. I'm not sure what is going on with him but he's really gotten bad about fits. For the most part he's a great boy and I don't have any trouble with him till he gets mad. When he's mad though, he's mad. There is no talking to him or compromising. My mother was in shock at his actions. Apparently she thought I'd been lying to her all this time or something.

Needless to say Axle got grounded so there was no motorcycle or side by side riding when he got home Monday evening. That about killed his soul. Hubby was a little late getting home and was worn out. We talked for awhile, ate dinner and then he headed off to bed while I sat up and watched the Voice. You all know how I feel about the Voice!

Tuesday
We ended up oversleeping yet again. I seriously give up on trying to even get there on time. I'm not even kidding! My housekeeper/babysitter showed up before I left for work. I wasn't thrilled with her progress on Monday but decided to see how she did on Tuesday. She wanted to keep Lee Lee with her so I figured it was a good time to try the babysitting aspect out. It saved me time to not having to go to Mom's and drop her off.

Somehow I was still almost noon getting to work. It's a good thing my boss isn't mean! Work was frustrating to say the least. The title I'm working on is an heirship and those are never fun. I worked on the mineral chain on Tuesday and made some but not much progress. Other than that, work was pretty uneventful.

On my way home Tuesday evening I stopped by the Goodwill and found a few treasures! I love thrift shopping.

Since my sitter had kept Lee, Mom dropped Ax and Anika off at home after school. It was definitely nice to not have to run all the way up there and pick them up. The kids seemed to have had a good day but my house still wasn't what I was expecting.

We ordered dinner out Tuesday evening before our gravel came. Hubby and I decided it was high time to gravel our driveway. The winter had made it one big horrendous mess. A big truck and $750.00 later, we had pretty nice rocks. My shoes are thanking me daily :)








Our Tuesday evening consisted of raking and shoveling grave. Yes, I shoveled too. Anika and I actually shoveled ourselves a new walkway. Let me assure you though, my arms felt it the next morning.

We also found Lucy. She had been missing a few days and she came off the hill looking much skinnier. I mean like she had pups skinnier. After climbing to the top of the mountain (literally) we found 4 puppies under a rock under a huge rock cliff. Yep crazy dog walked 300 miles to have babies. Way to go dummy! We decided it was too late to move them so left them there for the night.

I finished out my night watching The Voice while Anika read and everyone else slept.

Wednesday
Started off on a bad note when the girl who was supposed to pick up Anika from school was a no show. Since I hadn't gotten up yet and neither had the babies, this meant she was late once again. I rushed her to school and then came home to get ready for the day. Somehow time slipped away from me and I found myself not even leaving my house till 11:30. Yes, crazy I know. I don't know how that happens to me.

I got a text from Anika wanting fries and a smoothie for lunch so I went to McDonalds and got it for her. I also got the babies some lunch while we were there. Anika's school is stupid and they wouldn't let her drink the Smoothie inside the school. She actually had to walk to my car to sit and drink it. Apparently they have banned all open containers even if your parent's bring it to you. I guess a bunch of crazy kids added alcohol to drinks or something. Maybe they should punish them, not everyone. I could rant for hours about this but I won't.

I did manage to get both kids to mom's and dropped off. Their cousin Chase was there too so I knew they were going to have a good day. I think I made it to work around 1:00 Wednesday. I did what I had to and made copies of a bunch of stuff to bring home and work on. I do my best work late at night from home. It was a very uneventful work day.

On my way home from work I swung by RAC and paid a washer/dryer payment. I also ran into Factory connection real quick and looked around. I ended up buying myself a dark denim vest but that was it.

I picked the kids up from mom's and then we stopped at the store before heading home. Anika climbed to the top of the mountain and got the puppies brought down to the house. While she was out doing that Ax, Lee and I cleaned up the yard. There was stuff everywhere.

Hubs got home from work and he and I did some measuring for a shed he's wanting to build. He hung around outside with the kiddos the rest of the evening while I cooked supper. We had cheeseburgers and pasta salad both of which was quite good. I did some evening planning and decided I was going to call it an early night or at least I thought. No sooner than I laid down, Ax woke up crying. I'm not sure if he had a bad dream or what but it took forever to calm him down. I finally dozed back off and Anika come running in my room with Lee saying Lee couldn't breath. I jumped out of bed and she was right, Lee was gasping for air. We thought about calling an ambulance but I figured I could get her to the ER quicker so we loaded up the car and Anika and I headed off to the Emergency Room with her. I think it was around 11:30 when we arrived there.

Thursday
 Poor Lee was put through the wringer at the ER. They took several tubes of blood from her (twice), gave her a shot and put in an IV. She also had 4 X-rays. About 3:00 am they finally decided that she had most likely taken an asthma attack. Strange since she's never had problems with asthma. I'm almost in agreement with them though, it was super scary watching her try to get her breath. We were kept overnight so by the time they got us into a room and the admission papers filled out, it was way late. I made a quick trip to Walmart about 5:00 am to get Sis and myself some sweat pants to sleep in. Sis is such a trooper, she never left my side. We of course didn't get any sleep for them needing to take more bloods, change medicines, take vitals, etc. I think we finally dozed off around 8:00 am and by 10:00 am Hubby and Ax were at the hospital checking on us. It was a long day at the hospital. Mom and Dad came to visit her too. Finally around 4:00 they released us to go home. They ordered her an Inhaler, Nebulizer, Antibiotics and Steroids. I ran through the drive thru at KFC on my way home and picked up dinner while Hubby was at the Pharmacy getting her meds. We ate and I tried my hardest not to go to sleep but it just didn't happen. By 7:30 I was out cold on the couch and Anika was out cold in her recliner. Hubby put the kids to bed with him around 8:30 he said!

Today
Lee was up full speed ahead at 1:00 am. I'm assuming it is the steroids making her so wild. I woke Hubby for work about 4:30 and Lee didn't lay back down until about 7:00 am. We ended up sleeping from 7:00 am till 10:00 am this morning! We got cleaned up, went to town and ran a billion errands and then came home and cleaned house. I got my Easter Swap Package put together and ready for the mail in the morning. Hubby came home from work and watched television. I ordered take out from the Tea Room tonight for dinner. We are all just still totally exhausted. Anika has a friend over tonight so she's still up but the rest of my crew has been asleep for a good 2 hours. I'm heading that way myself soon.

Not sure what we will get into this weekend but I'm betting not much. We just need some relaxation time!!!!

Before I go though here is a few Photo Challenge Pictures I need to share:

A Photo of You
Let me just say I threw this whole outfit in the donate pile when I got home
I wore this to work and after this photo realized how bad I hated it!

Up Close
An up close shot of Lucy and her 4 puppies

Red
A red open sign hanging in the check cashing place window :)

I have a few more but haven't uploaded them to share yet. Maybe I'll get to it this weekend. 

Well folks, your all updated!!!! I'll leave you with these pictures of my cuties today. You would never know the child was in the hospital yesterday.



Happy Weekend Everyone

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had a rough week. If it's any consolation, all those problems are easily fixable. The food dyes and sugar may be affecting Axle. My stepson was the same way. His mother had him on ritalin, but when he came and visited us and we stopped the food dyes, fast food, little sugar, and having lots of exercise he was a different kid. No fits at all, except for minor things. Just a thought. I hope this week is much better.

    ReplyDelete