Sunday, February 15, 2015

It's Been a LOVELY Weekend

Friends this weekend love was in the air everywhere. Some say they hate Valentine's Day but I for one adore it. This Valentine's Weekend was a perfect one. Here's some things I've been loving.

What I'm LOVING :)

* Anika's dress we purchased for her for the military ball. The more I look at it the more I love it. It's just simple and elegant I think. The price was right too which was awesome.



* That my Husband and I celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary on Friday. Despite it being Friday the 13th, it was a great day. I can't believe that man and I have been married for 16 year.

* That my Mom loved her flowers the kids and I had delivered to her on Friday for Valentine's Day. She's so special, she deserves to know she's loved everyday.


* My fancy Valentine's Nails- I love the new nail salon I'm going to

* My 5 Year Journal. It's an idea I saw on Pinterest and so far I'm loving it. I keep mine in a spiral bound notebook but you could use anything. There is 365 days worth of prompts and each day you answer one question. I'm answering mine on a separate sheet of paper everyday. You do this for 5 year! How fun will it be to look back and see how much things change year to year.

* That my Hubby was completely blown away by his Anniversary display and gift. I left it for him in the garage. He was on 2nd shift that night and when he came home he saw it. He thought it was super cute :)



* That I've halfway found a system that is working for me as far as keeping my To Do List, Brain Dumps and random notes.

* Axle's Hickory Dickory Dock Art Work. He was so proud of it :)



* That my kids loved their Valentine's Day gifts we got them. Each of them got a huge teddy bear and a huge I love you balloon. Axle and Annalee got chocolate suckers shaped liked hearts and Anika got cake balls!

* That Hubs spent 1/2 the day Saturday with just him and Sis. It was a daddy daughter date. They ran around a little bit of everywhere. Sis ended up coming home with her nose pierced and a new shirt from daddy. She was a happy gal.



* Girl Scout Cookies- For real, who doesn't love Peanut Butter Patties?

* That Hubby and I celebrated Saturday night with a date night. We made it extra special since it was our Valentine's/Anniversary Celebration. We did some shopping, had dinner at Ruby Tuesday's and watched a movie. We then spent the remainder of the night snuggling in a hotel room, just the two of us. It was pretty amazing

* That I'm off work tomorrow for President's Day...Oh Yeah!!!!

* My new Red Pencil Skirt, My New White Blazer and the Fabulous pair of shoes I bought recently

* The way I've been approaching shopping. I keep a running Pinterest board of looks I love. When I head off to the store, I have photos of the outfits I love and then I work on recreating them. It's working so well for me. It keeps me from wandering mindlessly and buying pieces that don't work together. It's also helping me build a wardrobe of basics that I can mix and match.

* Inspirational Quotes- I look at many every day. It keeps me motivated

* That I have my Mother to babysit my children while I'm away. No one would ever take any better care of them than my mommy

* That my New Years Resolution was to take care of myself, do some soul searching and figure out who I am & to work on being a better me. So far I'm really proud of my progress. It's been a very enlightening journey to say the least.

* The Valentine's and Anniversary card my Hubby got me. They were perfect ;)

* That my kids got to spend Friday with my Mom. They went shopping and out to eat. Anika got some new makeup and a phone case for Valentine's Day from her, Ax got some  new toy motorcycles and a glasses case and Lee Lee got a new Minnie Mouse and a glasses case. Their nan also treated them to pancakes at Bob Evans. They had a good day

* That my husband finally got some makeshift underpinning under my house and it's staying so much warmer

* That my sweet babies bought me candy for Valentine's Day- they love their momma :)

* 50 Shades of Gray- My Husband and I watched it and I loved it. I'm totally buying the books now

* Breakfast at Bob Evans with just the Hubby.

* The Valentine's we made for Axle's School. Now if it ever quits snowing so he can actually take them.





* That I got a great night's sleep last night. First time in a long time I slept without kids in my bed.

* That I got all my grocery shopping done for the week. This makes me so happy


Y'all so much to love on my list! The only thing I'm not loving is the 10-16 inches of snow they are predicting tonight and the bitter cold temperatures. Oh how I hope it misses us. I'll be sure to let you know tomorrow though :)

Happy Almost President's Day;

5 comments:

  1. I had a wonderful time catching up with you and your weekend!
    Congratulations on your anniversary! Your Anika is a beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your anniversary. Anika's dress is beautiful, it really suits her. Hoping that the snow misses you and that the temperatures rise soon. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like the journal idea!!! congrats on 16 years, chuck and i are at 36!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! That blue dress is so pretty! I love the color!

    http://www.kaciesklosetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy happy anniversary!! That blue dress is killer!

    ReplyDelete