Monday, January 5, 2015

The START of the New Year

Since our weekend was pretty uneventful and there isn't a lot to tell, I thought I'd use this morning to do a little catch up post for you. I haven't written in quite awhile due to vacation and then the death of my grandma. There has been lots of things going on in those few weeks and I'm going to use today to just get you up to speed.

1. Our Christmas Vacation was spent in Tenn. I have a million photos to share but I can't bring myself to do it right now. I actually just unloaded the memory camera with those photos and put it in a safe place. One day maybe I'll be able to. It was a nice trip though. Our cabin was nothing short of amazing. I seriously wanted to live there forever. It was a barn style which I just loved. The kids had a blast in the hot tub on the deck and the jaccuzzi tub inside. We spent lots of time there just doing nothing but lounging and watching television.

2. Anika turned 16 years old while we were gone. I'm not sure how that is even possible but it did happen. She woke to a scavenger hunt for 16 presents thanks to her silly mom. Her special day was spent at the Ripley's Aquarium which SHE loved and so did the little one's. Dinner was Golden Corral and then we had cake at the cabin that night. She also received some gorgeous flowers from her daddy. I think it's safe to say she had a very good birthday.

3. We also took a helicopter ride in Tenn. This was Ax and Lee's first ride and mine and Anika's second ride. It wasn't as scary for me this time around. Both babies loved it and it's all they have talked about since.

4. My grandmother (best friend) passed on the 26th of December. I'm still completely in shock and heartbroken. This is one wound I'm not sure time will ever heal.

5. We had my Grandmother's Funeral Services and laid her to rest. I miss her so very much.

6. I now have another dog. My grandma had a mini pin that is seriously obese and well not all that cute. I never liked the dog much BUT she was my Granny's baby. I couldn't stand to see someone else take it so the little critter is here with me. Her name is Little Lady and she lives in my house. I've grown to love her already. I'm such a sucker!

7. My Anika has became a vegetarian. I have no idea what prompted this but she's actually done awesome at it. I spoke with her doctor and he said it was actually a healthy choice for her if she got her needed protein elsewhere. She's on vitamins and eats lots of cheese and high protein foods. I'm pretty proud of her for being so strong.

8. We are thinking about buying a new house. Actually it's a very old house. I keep going back and forth with the decision. In some ways I'm giving up more than I'm gaining (property and square footage wise) and in another since I'm gaining more than I'm giving up (location, safety and the fact that it's a house not a mobile home). It's my Grandma's house and I have so many memories attached to it. I'm just going to pray about it.

9. My Christmas decor is down- except for our outdoor lights. Hubby likes to procrastinate on those. I hung a Valentine's sign yesterday in my living room and will be on the lookout for more hearts and love stuff!!!

10. Anika is returning to school. It was a decision made by myself, her and my mom. She's ready to go back I think. She's much stronger than before. Today will be the day I go to enroll her so wish us luck.

11. Ax goes back to school this morning too. That should be interesting. He's had over 2 weeks off so I know he isn't going to be happy about it.

12. I also go back to work today. As much as I dread it, I think it might be good for me.

13. Mom and Dad celebrated their 40th Anniversary. Isn't that awesome. It was on New Years Day. Mom made Cabbage Rolls and the kids and I went up to eat. I got them a $25.00 gift card for Olive Garden that they used this weekend on their Anniversary Dinner!

14. New Years Eve the Hubby worked but got home before midnight. Anika had 3 girls spend the night and they made Homemade Pizzas and Hubby shot fireworks with them. We shot off $250.00 worth of fireworks and they lasted about a 1/2 hour (insane). The dogs and Annalee hated them so I stayed inside with them. Ax and the girls loved them though.

15. I appreciate you all hanging in here with me. One of my resolutions for the New Year is to keep up with my blog better!!! All the love and support you all send me is amazing and I can't thank you enough.

Another resolution is to read a bible verse and understand it daily. I'm starting this morning since it's really the START of the New Year for us.


Have a blessed Monday everyone

Angie

3 comments:

  1. Angie, your post reminded me of life. Some good things, some wonderful things, some sad things. That's how things go. I know you are missing your grandma big time and I feel so badly for you. I am praying for you and I know you will eventually find peace. Your hubby and your babies will keep you going. And going back to work is a good thing to do.

    I'm sending lots of love your way. If you need me, I'm just an email away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself, Angie, and try not to overdo things. Give yourself permission to mourn your Grandmother. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to read about your grandmother's passing. What a sad thing to happen. I think it's wonderful that you took her dog, I'm sure it would have meant a lot to her. Sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete