Friday, January 2, 2015

January and Finding a "new" normal

Today I blog with a very heavy heart. While I'd love to tell you all about the wonderful 7 day trip we took at the end of December and about the wonderful Christmas we spent with my parent's, I cannot bring myself to share those things with you today. What I do want to share with you is the loss of my grandmother and very best friend in this whole world. My grandma Glendene passed away on December 26, 2014. Her cause of death is truly unknown although it is suspected that she passed of a heart attack or stroke. I was in Tenn at the time of her passing and it was one of the hardest longest trips home ever. These last few days of December and first few days of January have been nothing more than a blur. Today I decided though that I had to pull myself up and move forward. As much as I'm going to miss her and as hard as the pain is to bear, I want to continue being a good mother,daughter, friend in this world just as she would expect me to. As her only grandchild  our relationship was much deeper than that of a normal grandmother/granddaughter. She was my best friend, my second mother. Please pray for me in the coming days that I will find the strength to move forward and the ability to smile at all the good memories we shared together.



This loss has made me want to get back to regular blogging even more. Lately I hadn't been blogging much and I want our day to day to be put on paper. I want my children to have access to it when they want to read it. I'm hoping January will be a good blogging month for me.

In an attempt to start looking and moving forward, I wanted to set some January goals for myself. Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish in January.

* Set aside personal/quiet time each day- Meditation, Reflection, Prayer, Etc.

* Cut and Color my Hair

* Have our January Date Night

* Celebrate my Husband's Birthday

* Make some housing decisions (more on that later)

* Buy Hubby a dependable work vehicle

* Clear up a local financial debt and work on our current financial position

* Read a bible verse every morning to start the day

* Menu  Plan

* Come up with a working system for business expenses and talk to an accountant


Friends- I'm going to go ahead and end this post for the night. I'm hoping to start back "normal" blogging tomorrow. I appreciate all of you that whisper a prayer for myself and family. Much love to  you all.

Angie

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear your sad news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Angie. I am so, so sorry. I'm not only praying for you and your family, I'm sending a virtual hug. ((hug)) You know if I were there it would be a real one.

    I will be sending the Bible for Anika this week. I was holding off until you got home from your vacation.

    Lots of love being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your grandmother. I am so close with my grandma, so I can imagine how hard this is.

    Also, it looks like a very busy month for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you for strength, comfort, and peace. I pray you always feel your grandmother with you, guiding you, and continuing to love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry! Your family has my condolences and prayers.

    ReplyDelete