Sunday, November 2, 2014

Beyond Grateful

I cannot believe it's only 10:30 pm. This new time change is going to take some getting used to. It's been such a blessed day though that I cannot complain one single ounce about anything!!!

Our morning started off with Sunday Service. Today was the day of my daughter's baptism and we had so many friends and family come out to be a part of her special day. I'm just so blessed with so many wonderful people in my life. The service was wonderful and the guest pastor today was Anika's Middle School Principal. I recall many times of him having conversations about the Lord with her. I'm certain he got a blessing seeing her be baptized today as well. My dad helped with her baptism and it was absolutely one of the most special moments ever. He was overwhelmed with joy as we all were. It's safe to say there was lots of crying happy tears. God is so Good!!!!
















In celebration of this absolutely amazing day, we gathered for dinner at a little place called Cloud 9 with a ton of our family. We had a delicious dinner and a great time just being together.















The cafe is right beside our local airport so the kids watched a few planes land and take off before we headed home. On our way home we saw a whole herd of Elk. They are such awesome creatures. My mom took some photos, I'm hoping to steal them from her and share with you soon.

We came home for a few hours to rest and straighten up the house. The Hubby and I watched the Nascar Race and my guy Jimmie Johnson won! 

At 7:00 tonight we headed to a local park to celebrate a very special angel's birthday. Mr. Cooper would have turned one on October 31st but God had other plans. Cooper passed away at 18 days old from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. In honor of his birthday we all gathered tonight and set up lanterns and balloons while we sang Happy Birthday. It was a very special event to be a part of. Cooper was my first Great Nephew and in only a few months his Little Sister will be here. She will be my first Great Niece.

The remainder of my night has been spent talking with my kids and husband, doing some abstract work and just being so very thankful for such a blessed day. My friends, I cannot express enough how grateful I am for all that I have been given even though I'm definitely not deserving.

Hope you all had a great Sunday

Angie




2 comments:

  1. I am so THRILLED with Anika's baptism. That is so wonderful! Did I see your husband there? And Cloud 9 sounds like the perfect place to go afterwards. You probably all were on cloud 9 at that point. I picked out a Bible for her and Joe paid for it. We will be sending it off to Anika as soon as we get it. Thanks for letting us do this for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome! Congratulations Anika!

    ReplyDelete