Friday, October 17, 2014

Thankful Thursday

It's going on 4:00 am and I'm still going strong. I blame it on the Steroid Shot I had today. Everyone else in the house is sound asleep including my Husband who just got home from work, my two little babies & 4 teenagers!

Thought I'd do a Thankful Thursday post for you today. I'm feeling beyond blessed this evening so I figured it would be a good time to do it!

Today I'm Thankful For:

* A Doctor's Office that you don't have to wait forever in. My family doctor is quick getting you in and it's such a big help when your in a hurry!

* Steroid and Antibiotic Shots that kick in by the afternoon- I'm already feeling much better

* Long comfortable Maxi Dresses like the one I wore today but totally forgot to take a photo of

* A dependable vehicle to get me to and from work

* Job Flexibility that allowed me to go grab a few documents and then work from home till Monday Morning.

* Mountain Dew- It really is my drug of choice

* My sweet Mommy who made me a whole kettle of potato soup that really soothed my aching throat

* My Husband who is such a big help with my kids and even does the dishes every now and again

* Teenagers- Yes they drive me crazy but I really do LOVE them

* Second Shift almost being over- bring on day shift please :)

* Outpouring of love from family and friends- so many offered and did such nice things for me today. I really do have a good strong network. It's a small network but it's a strong one

* My Anika and the fact she had a blast at the concert last night! She loves her some Demi





* My sweet cousin who took the time and money out to hang with my Teenager at the concert. Can't beat that!


* My Niece, I love her to pieces

* Securing a great babysitter for my kids. Such a blessing

* Mom getting to take a Sister's Trip to Nashville. They even get to see our Hometown gal Angelenna Presley (who is my cousin by the way and sings with the Pistol Annie's)!


* My Daddy- He's the most humble man I know and has the biggest heart. He's definitely my inspiration

* The guys cooking dinner tonight because I just didn't feel like it. They made Deep Fried Fresh Catfish, Hush Puppies, Fried Potatoes, Potato Wedges and Chicken Patties for the kids. It was beyond words delicious!!!!!

* Being able to listen to Axle tell me all about how papa is going to take him hunting

* Hearing Lee Lee say "Lub You"

* Laughing my butt off at my silly crew

* Getting some work done tonight while everyone was sleeping. I've got another title just about ready to mail. Go Me!!!

* Teenagers who can run ALL my errands for me when I'm sick. They can also do some housework!

* Having enough food leftover for dinner tomorrow- No cooking for me

* The Weekend- I don't have a clue what it will hold but weekends are always good

* Thoughts of organization- planning- etc. The wheels in my head are for sure turning

* The fact that I'll get paid in about two weeks! 5 weeks hold back is a long time :)

* Night time conversations with my Hubby when he comes in from work. They only happen on the weekends anymore due to work!

* Sleeping babies- they are so precious to watch

* Lucy looking better. Her meds and dips are helping her

* Snuggle time which is where I'm headed now


Dear friends- my life isn't perfect. I woke up feeling like death this morning for real. My throat was swelled shut. I went to the doctor, got some shots and meds & ventured on to work. Thankfully I grabbed what I needed fairly quick and was able to head back home. I was home by noon. I rested, I ate and I gabbed with the kids. They took care of most everything else. By about 9 tonight I was feeling like new money! My house needs cleaned, the laundry is piled up, groceries need bought, lists need made and so forth. You know what though, I don't care. Life is short- too short. Life is so good. We need to soak up every ounce of good in every single day. That truly is WHAT is IMPORTANT. Praise God for all his blessings!

Happy Weekend Everyone
Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon, and yes you're right ... life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are feeling better. What great family and friends you have to take care of you. I usually end up taking care of myself. It's good to do a thankful post now and then. It makes you realize just how much you have to be thankful for. Hope you continue to improve each day. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete