Saturday, October 25, 2014

Choosing to have a Good Day

In an effort to get back into the swing of blogging, I decided to blog tonight even though I don't have one single photo to share. I'm going to seriously HAVE to learn to use my IPhone for pictures until I buy another camera. Posting without pictures just drives me insane.

I'll be the first to admit that sometimes I can be a big huge baby. Blame it on my parent's and the fact that I'm an only child. I like things to go my way, I just do. I guess that is true for most of us though. The problem is when things don't go the way I want, I can be quite hateful, throw a tantrum, etc. You get the picture. Anyway, I WANTED to get out and about today. I was hoping we could take the kids to an amusement park or something. Well, that didn't happen. Honestly, it was a money issue more than anything. I still haven't gotten my first check from my job yet so finances have been tight the last few weeks. Initially I went into moping mode and got annoyed but then I decided to suck it up and make the best of the day and what it held. I'm glad I did too. It ended up being a pretty nice Saturday!

Here's a few things I LOVED about our day today!!!

* I loved getting to sleep in. Isn't that what weekends are for?

* I loved that although my teeth still ached, it wasn't nearly as bad as yesterday. Hopefully the antibiotics I'm taking are working.

* I loved that I got to stay in my pj's for the biggest part of the day

* I loved the dinner I fixed tonight- Hamburger Steak, Shells n Cheese & Scalloped Potatoes. Absolutely delicious.

* I loved that the weather was just perfect. It wasn't too hot and it wasn't too cold. The kids loved it too, they played outside pretty much all day.

* I loved that I was able to take my Grandma something she needed and spend some time with her. She isn't doing well so all prayers for her would be appreciated.

* I loved that Anika and Dustin got to go bowling with their friends today & then spent their Saturday night at Church watching an outdoor showing of "God is Not Dead".

* I loved that I made tons of laundry progress. It's almost ALL done!!

* I loved that I was able to call a friend who I haven't talked to in forever and we could just pick up as if no time had passed at all.

* I loved that I made more progress on my Home Binder. I finished up (for the most part) our financial section. My next section will be Meal Planning.

* I loved that we were able to take Lee and Ax on a Hayride tonight.

* I loved that when we got done with the Hayride, Lee Lee said "FUN!!!"

* I loved that I made time to sit down and watch two really good Lifetime Movies

* I loved that my kids returned home safely tonight


It's pushing 1:00 am so I better get my butt in bed. We have Homecoming at Church tomorrow and then we are taking the kids to play Mini Golf and pick Pumpkins. Definitely a great Sunday planned.

Hope you all enjoy however you decide to spend your Sunday :)

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment