Monday, September 15, 2014


Today started off horrible. I was up all night long with a bad migraine headache. I haven't had but two migraines in my entire life and let me tell you, I don't know how people who keep frequent migraines make it. I'm a headache person. Most days I will have a headache but not of any major magnitude. Just a dull ache enough to irritate me. Last night was a full blown migraine though. It was accompanied by throwing up, blurry vision, etc. Luckily it subsided somewhere around 3:00 am. Regardless, I felt super weak and just all around yucky this morning.

Axle had a rough night too. He has growing pains from time to time and they hurt him so bad. He wakes screaming and stretching his legs. Last night the episode was pretty major. Hubby rubbed his legs and he finally ended up falling back to sleep.

His mood was horrible this morning. Getting him dressed took an act of congress. Getting him into his classroom was an even bigger chore. I got him there though and wished his teacher luck. I knew she was going to need it. I was right. She called earlier today and said he got very violent this morning. His violence was just with himself, not others. Still, I hate it. She said he hit and slapped himself, threw books all over the floor and then tried to turn the bookshelf over on top of himself. After his initial fit though, he was fine. I have no idea why he does that.

Hubby went and looked at us a bathtub this morning while I ran Anika to Mom's for her school day. Some friends of ours gave us a Stove and they brought it over to us today. Only two burners work but it will hold us over till we can get one. They also have a bathtub to give away so they asked Hubby to come see we wanted it. It is a jetted tub which Anika is super happy about. We will have to build a frame around it but I think it will work and look good. I guess we are going to try and pick it up this weekend sometime.

I had an Interview at 1:30 today so I got ready, got Lee ready and then took her to my Mom's. Hubby is on 2nd shift this week so he had to go on to work. Mom fed me a sandwich before I left. Just like my Mommy, always taking care of me. I wore the cutest outfit today but didn't take a picture. Doesn't that figure? Actually I didn't take any pictures today. I'm totally slacking.

The Interview went well. It lasted probably a 1/2 hour and then they said "Your Hired!" I thought I might start tomorrow but no, I started right then. I got in 4 1/2 hours today! I'm working for our local Physical Therapy. I'm an assistant to the Office Manager part of the day and then work Medical Billing and Coding the other part of the day. I'm also going to be trained in the gym as a Physical Therapy Assistant. While I probably won't work in there often, I will be a float for that position meaning if someone is off or etc, I can fill in. The pay is fairly good, $8.50 per hour! There is no benefits but in 3 months I get a raise. It's a Monday-Friday job and I work from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
While I really enjoyed my day today, it's very different than any work I've done before. It's really going to take me some time to get adjusted. I do think I'm going to enjoy it though. The best part, it's 15 minutes from my house, my Mom's house and Axle's School!!!!

I ended up working today till 5:30 which put me at almost 7:00 getting home by the time I picked up the kids and stuff. Mom looked tired today. I'm praying this adjustment is easy for her since she will be watching Annalee, Ax and schooling Anika for me. We will just have to wait and see I guess.

Since I've been home I fed my kids (takeoout from DQ), started laundry and laid out my clothes for tomorrow. Both of them are overly exhausted and should go to bed fairly easily tonight.

I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do to prepare myself for being a Working Mommy! I'm going to pack Lee Lee a bag of clothes tonight to leave at Mom's since some weeks she will be there all day long. I'm also working on figuring out how our meals are going to work, our appointments, etc. It's a lot to take in today and quite overwhelming but I know in time we will figure it all out.

As for blogging, what does this mean? I got to be honest, I have no idea. For starters I don't know that I'll blog every night like I do now. I just don't know that there will be time. My blogging may be more sporadic and especially here in the beginning. Just bear with me please as well all adjust! Secondly, I love blog reading and hope to continue to do as much of it as possible BUT I know it will be way less than before. I apologize in advance, I really do. Hopefully you guys understand.

With all that being said it's after 8:00 now and I still got things to do so I better wrap this up! I'm striving for a 10:00 pm bedtime every night for myself. I need to be alert and refreshed for my days in the office because the work is demanding and tedious!

Guys, thank you all for being my friends and for all your good luck comments during my job hunt. You guys are the best.

Happy Happy Monday,


  1. Congratulations on getting a job!! God will help you as you figure it all out and we'll read when you're able to post. I hope it all works out.

  2. Congratulations on your new job. I look forward to hearing how you get on.

  3. Congrats on the job!!! But $8.50 an hour? Wow...BC is at $10.25/hr, and no one can live on/off that. I am sure it will be a big adjustment for all of you, but I am sure it will be great in the long run.