Monday, September 8, 2014

Baby Shower Success & More

For Today
Monday September 8, 204


Outside my Window- It's still dark, it's only 5:27 am here. It's a Monday though and the Hubby is on dayshift & the kids have school so I had to drag my rear out of bed early. I'll never be a morning person no matter how hard I try. It's a cool morning this morning. The temperatures are only supposed to hit a high of 79 degrees today. It's starting to Feel like Fall!

I am Thinking- About my To Do List Today! Lee Lee and I are going to spend our day cleaning house, paying a few bills and going to the grocery store. I also hope to catch up on some laundry. Typical Monday stuff for me. I always spend Monday trying to play catch up on everything I let go over the weekend.

I am Thankful- That my Sister in Law's Baby Shower was a success. I hosted the event and helped her plan and execute the details. She did the crafty part and I purchased my part. I'm not one bit crafty. The shower was yesterday and everything looked beautiful. Everyone had a good time, the food was fabulous & my Sister in Law walked away with some nice gifts. While I wish I had took a gazillion photos for you, I didn't. I was too busy enjoying the event. Sometimes it's nice to step away from the camera and just be there! If you want to see all the details check out my post from yesterday. It's chock full of all the decor photos!






In the Kitchen: It looks like a bomb has exploded. My night last night was spent hanging out with 4 teenagers. At 9:00 pm they decided to make potato soup and I must admit, it was fabulous. They are very good cooks BUT they are not very good at cleaning up their messes.

I am Wearing- A pajama top and a pair of shorts. I do plan on getting dressed today though at some point, it's still just too early. Here's a peek at what I wore yesterday though to the Baby Shower. I must say, I really LOVE this dress. It was the first time I'd ever worn it and I can see myself getting lots of use out of it in the months to come!

Dress- Cato's
Shoes- Cato's

I am Creating- Nothing as of right now but I'll be creating a Menu Plan and store list for the week later today!!!

I am Going- To take my medicine as soon as I finish this post. I've forgotten to take it the last few days. That is very unusual for me but it's been a busy weekend so I'm blaming it on that.

I am Wondering- When Cedar Point in Ohio closes. I'd love to take an Amusement Park Trip this year before the Season ended!!!

I am Reading- As many Blogs as I can each day. My Blog Reading has gotten cut way back these days and while I honestly miss it so much, it's just the way it goes. This is a busy season of my life.

I am Hoping- That when I wake Axle up in a few minutes, he's in a good mood. It would be so nice if he was agreeable and didn't throw a fit over school this morning but I'm not holding my breath.

I am Learning- That as much as I say I don't want friends, that just isn't true. I do want friends but I want good friends and those are way hard to come by.

Around the House- Things are an absolute mess. It will take me all day to get things lined back out. I'm hoping to get it all cleaned up though and then post some photos of our living room suit for you!

I am Pondering-  Trying to recreate this outfit. I absolutely love everything about it. Pinterest is such an inspiration to me when it comes to Fashion!


A Favorite Quote for Today:



One of my Favorite Things; Being Busy- as tires as I get sometimes, I love having stuff to always do!

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week:

Today (Monday)- Housekeeping, Errands & Grocery Shopping
Tuesday- Eye Appointment
Wednesday- Anika's Dentist Appointment
Thursday- Grandparent's Day at Axle's School
Friday- OBGYN Appointment
Saturday- Free as of right now
Sunday- 2 Birthday Parties & Church

A Photo I want to Share: Axle wanted me to bring him cupcakes from the Baby Shower. He didn't go, instead he spent the day with my Mom and they watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and walked the God's Promise Trail. I forgot his cupcakes!!! I know, I"m a terrible mother. I saved the day though and bought him 6 from the store before I picked him up. I never told him they weren't from the shower and he totally didn't notice. He ate 3 of them before we ever got home!




I'll probably try to post tonight about our day today. This is technically a post about our Sunday because I'm a day behind.

I hope you all enjoy your Monday- Everyone have a great week!!!

Angie

3 comments:

  1. That's so funny that all Ax cared about was getting the cupcake, not where it was from. He's such a character. Sounds like you had lots of fun at the shower. I agree, sometimes it's better to just enjoy and forget about the pictures. You have a busy week ahead. Hope you have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm meal planning today too. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The outfit is a adorable and I really like the quote (Pinterest, right!)!!!!

    ReplyDelete