Again tonight I don't have a lot to blog about. There just hasn't been too much excitement around here this week. Please don't think I'm complaining, I'm not. I've actually welcomed the down time. Little excitement leads to pretty boring blog posts though and for that I'm sorry.
I thought I'd just share some random stuff that was on my mind today. Nothing wrong with a Random Wednesday, right?
Random Wednesday Thoughts
1. I woke up this morning with serious tummy cramps. You know the kind, like someone stabbing you over and over in the gut. Oh yeah, that kind and NOT fun might I add.
2. Hubby got the other two tires on his truck today and then him and Anika took off a huge load of garbage. I'm so glad he's done fooling with it, I miss him when he's preoccupied with truck stuff.
3. I fixed some chicken today that I marinated in Italian Dressing. I used to HATE Italian Dressing but the older I get the more I like it. It's funny how our tastes change with age.
4. My kids played outside today for awhile. It was a nice warm day with plenty of sunshine. They both love being outdoors so much. They rode their side by side, played on their swing and jumped on the trampoline. I'm so thankful they are close in age and have one another to play with.
5. I realized today that our big screen has something wrong with it. It has a line going through it and turns everyone's faces a shade of green. It's weird. I'm assuming it's the color tube or something. I know nothing about televisions so it could be something totally different than that. Either way it's under warranty so I'm calling them to come get it and bring me another one.
6. I absolutely cannot wait to change the ceiling fan in our living room. Ever since we painted, it looks so dingy and old. I'd love to do lighting like this but I'm betting my Hubby isn't going to like it. For some reason he thinks you need a ceiling fan in the living room.
8. I noticed while cleaning out my closet that I really needed to invest in some staple pieces. I have a ton of prints but not many solids. In the future I'm going to make sure anything I bring in this house (clothing wise) will be a staple piece. I'm also going to avoid prints at all costs for awhile. I just have too much of it.
9. Dustin came down and visited Anika this evening. Our family is big jokers. We kid about everything. Dustin is NOT a joker. He gets his feelings hurt and gets upset very easily. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around him sometimes. He's a good kid and I'm glad my Anika found someone to be good to her but I do wish he would lighten up just a little.
10. Anika has landed herself a possible part time job. It will just be a few hours a day but I think it will be really good for her. It's at a pet store here in town and she loves animals so she should be a good fit for it. I think it will give her a feeling of self accomplishment and pride. Since she's homeschooling this year, her schedule will be flexible allowing her to work. I'm really hoping it pans out.
11. Speaking of jobs, I REALLY think I'm going to have to go back to work. My emotions are so mixed on this. We need the money and although we can make it without it, we sure could use it. Having kids is expensive, having 3 kids is very expensive. Ax will be in school 4 days a week and Anika will be homeschooling with my Mom so that just leaves Little Lee. Between my Hubby & Mommy, I think I can manage the sitter situation. While it breaks my heart to think about being away from home, I also think it might be good for me. Depression takes a real toll on me in the Winter months and it will keep me occupied. If my mind don't change, I think I'll put my application in tomorrow. I'm almost certain I will get it.
12. I'm in major Baby Shower planning mode. Since my SIL told me yesterday that she wasn't having a shower, I made it my mission to make sure she does have one. I have the location, time and date all nailed down now. I also have the theme nailed down. Invites went out today via Facebook. We are doing a Nautical Theme and I'm having a blast planning.
Anchors Away- A Baby Boy is on the Way!!!
13. I checked the weather forecast a bit ago just out of curiosity. We were planning a boating trip Saturday. Wouldn't you know, it's showing rain.
14. I have 2 pictures that need hung in my living room. I'm hoping the Hubby does it tomorrow. I'm a his mercy since I can't hang a picture straight to save my soul :)
15. Anika has a counseling appointment tomorrow morning. My Mom is going to take her. After counseling she is going home with Mom for awhile to hang out. Tomorrow evening Mom is having a fish fry for all of us. I'm excited, the kids and I need to get out of the house for the evening. We haven't went anywhere much this week.
16. I've done very little blog reading lately and I hate it. I just can't find the time :(
That my friends is all that is whirling around my brain tonight. I know, not interesting but it is what it is. Maybe I'll find some better inspiration tomorrow :)
Hope you all are doing well
Happy Almost Thursday