Thursday, August 14, 2014

For Today

For Today: Thursday August 14, 2014

Outside My Window- Anika's mattresses are sitting on my porch. We bleached them down yesterday and let them dry today. Anika finished painting her bed today so tomorrow we will be moving it all back in. Her room is coming together, slowly but surely.

I am Thinking- All sorts of random thoughts. My brain is on spin cycle tonight. Just a few things on the tip top of my mind are that I need to research cupcake recipes so I can find the perfect cupcakes for Viki's shower. My laundry is taking over once again, tomorrow will be a laundry day. I need to call my Mom and see if she's available to babysit this weekend so Hubby and I can have a Day Date & I want to find some time to go take the kids pictures again. I need some updated ones for my wall.

I am Thankful- For all 3 of my beautiful children. They are seriously my greatest blessing in life. They complete me.

Anika is TOTALLY obsessed with the new name coke bottles

Isn't this just precious?

In the Kitchen- It's a complete mess. There is dirty dishes everywhere! I hope to clean it up a little before bed tonight. I can't stand going to bed with a nasty kitchen.

I am Wearing- Pajamas now because it's after 10:00 pm but I did get dressed today :)

Cardigan/Jacket- JC Penny
Black Tank- I'm thinking it came from Factory Connection
Jeans- Cato's
Flats- Thrifted

I am Creating- The menu for Viki's Shower!! I'm thinking we will keep it light with food. Something along the lines of Chicken Salads, Pasta Salads, Etc and then a big bunch of tasty desserts!

I am Going- To have to start watching more television. I've fell in love with Finding Carter and then this morning I watched Cupcake Wars. Such a good show!

I am Wondering- How Anika's Homeschool Year will go. While I think she is pretty excited on one hand, she's very sad to not be in public school too. Her emotions are all over the place and she can't talk about it without crying. I just wish she could get started with her Homeschool. I think that would help her feel better about it. Shouldn't be too long now.

I am Reading- Nothing but blogs and not even many of those these days. Time just isn't on my side!

I am Hoping- That it doesn't rain next weekend for our Bristol Trip. It always sucks when it rains!

I am Looking Forward To- Bristol Baby and then Labor Day Weekend! Fun stuff coming at the end of this month :)

I am Learning- To let go

Around the House- Things are coming along in the remodeling department. Anika's room is ready to be filled with all her pretties. I need to purchase a light for her room, some curtains and some photos. Her bathroom is coming along too, just need a tub! The back part of my house looks like a disaster but one room at a time I suppose.

I am Pondering- A Kings Island Trip for Anika, Dustin, Hubby & I.  

A Favorite Quote Today: I need the calmness of the ocean today!


One of My Favorite Things Today: Thrift Shopping with my kiddos. We hit up 3 thrift stores and found all sorts of goodies. Anika got a new pair of Converse Shoes and a new Dress. Ax found a shirt he liked and a Playdough Set. Little Lee got a new book! I found one top for myself and some home decor. I also found an adorable handbag & a brand new baby outfit that I'll be giving as a shower gift :)

Handbag- $5.00

Baby Outfit and Blanket- $3.00

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week: Tomorrow (Friday) I hope to get some things done around here. I'm hoping to move Anika's stuff into her room and clean out my closet! Tomorrow evening Hubby and I are planning on cleaning up the yard. Saturday I'm going to see if Mom wants to go with me to get some photos of the kids. Sunday is Church and hopefully a Day Date for Hubby and I.

A Peek Into Our Day: Lee got up at the crack of dawn (5:00 am) and woke up poor Anika too. It was a LONG morning. She didn't finally go back to bed till almost 8:00 this morning. That girl has her sleep schedule way off.




In Other News:
* Still no job offer for me. This makes me kind of sad
* I burnt our bacon for dinner tonight and had to end up ordering out. I hate when that happens
* Annalee has officially hit the Terrible 2's and she's killing me with her fits and tantrums
* I'm craving a whole new wardrobe of clothes- sucks I can't afford them


Friends- Happy Almost Friday!!! It's the almost the weekend again and if nothing else makes you happyy, that should :)

Angie




4 comments:

  1. Your children are beautiful!!! Will this be Anika's first year of home schooling? I am so sorry she is upset. Seems ALL my blog friends find cool things at the thrift store but me!!! And it's not that I don't look. I hope your weekend is really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never find great things in their thrift stores either. I don't know how all of my blot friends do it. I think once Anika gets into homeschooling she will just love it. I wish I had had that option when I was in school. My sister and I were both bullied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates.
    where are the best labor day mattress sales of 2015

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    labor day mattress sale 2014

    ReplyDelete