Sunday, August 17, 2014

A Day Date

Just stopping by really quickly to give you a little Sunday update. It's already 10:30 and I must get in the bed soon so I'm keeping this short and sweet.

Our morning started with Sunday Service. All of us went to Church except for the Hubby. Hopefully one day he will accompany us. Even Axle went with us and he did so good. I was so proud of him! The message today was wonderful, it was about how much we value our souls and how much we value the souls of others. I must say, it hit home with me.

Dress- Walmart
Cardigan- Thrifted
Shoes- Cato's

After church ALL 3 of my kiddos went home with my Mom & I headed home to the Hubby. We had a Day Date planned. I told you last month after our 1st date night in forever, I was going to be intentional about planning a Date Night every month from here on out. This month has flew by and Hubby has been working weekends so a Date Night just wasn't in our cards. I was determined not to give up though so a Day Date it was. We spent several glorious hours floating around on the lake all by ourselves. It was super nice and we talked about a lot of important things. We even had dinner at the lake. It was just Arby's but I'm not no fancy girl so it was perfect :)

The water is my Happy Place



I adore this man :)




My romper courtesy of a Yard Sale!






By the time we got home this evening the rain was coming down. It didn't rain too long though. Apparently we have heavy rain in the forecast for all next week with possible flooding. I'm telling you, it doesn't even feel much like summer anymore.

We rested for a bit and then Hubby headed outside to do some work while I went and picked up the kids. Mom informed me that there was an arrest made in the death of the 3 that passed away yesterday in the fire. If you didn't read yesterday's post, three people in our community died in a house fire and one was an 8 year old girl. Now there is a man charged for their murders. Absolutely devastating for our community.

The kids and I headed home. We stopped by the Dollar Store on our way and picked up Anika some curtain rods. The rest of our evening was spent outside. The Hubby's brother came down and his wife so we chatted with them awhile. Hubby gathered up some scrap metal that he's going to haul in next week, burnt some brush and cleaned out his garage. 

I made dinner late this evening and then the kids played for a bit before bedtime. Now Hubby and I are watching Naked and Afraid before turning in ourselves.

It's been a good day. God is good and I'm so blessed :)

Happy Sunday Lovelies
Hope you have had a wonderful day too!


7 comments:

  1. First, I have to say that I love your header. I'm a big fan of Joyce Meyer, too. Second, what a great post. I so enjoyed reading about your day. In my opinion, date nights are a necessity and I'm glad you and hubby enjoyed yours. Have an awesome week... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A day date sounds wonderful. And Arby's sounds delish too!

    Have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun!! Hope you guys have a great week as well!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great day date. My hubby and I do stuff like that, too. Thanks for stopping by!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful time you must have had with hubby. I love the water too. There's nothing better, is there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your church outfit is pretty!! Can I ask what church you go to? YEAH, I get to see your husband! He is cute! I really does look like a perfect date, just the two of you on the lake. Are those broken off trees? What is the deal with that? It makes everything even more horrible that it was not an accident! Surely they thought no one was home, how awful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a very fun day! I'd take Arbys on the lake any day!

    Cute outfit!

    Have fun at the race this weekend...we had a blast yesterday!

    ReplyDelete