Thursday, July 31, 2014

No Brain Power

I don't have much brain power tonight my friends. My brain feels like a big ball of mush. I'm not going to try and piece together a well composed post for you tonight because frankly, I just can't. Instead I'll just share some Random Thoughts with you today.

* I slept in way late again this morning. While I should feel guilty about not climbing out of bed till 11:00 am, I'm enjoying it while it lasts. It won't be long and my little man will be back in school & then I'll have to get up early.

* I worked in a little blog reading this morning and then a little more tonight. While I'd love to sit up again tonight until 2:00 am and read, I'm too tired. I'll catch up just bear with me.

* My morning was lazy and very non productive. I felt nervous and anxious all day long. I took my medications hoping they would help but they didn't. I think it was just knowing I had to meet with the Board tonight about Anika's education.

* I did make a trip to town and grabbed some lunch for the kids and I. We had Taco Bell. It's not my favorite but it was what Anika wanted. I'm just not a huge Taco Bell fan.

* The kids and I made a run to the next town over for the Hubby. He was out of the non alcoholic beer he drinks. While some may think it sounds crazy, I always make sure we keep it in the house. He's drank heavily since we have been married (15 year) but the last few years it had been getting out of control. He decided about 3 months ago to quit altogether and he has done amazing! I'm so proud of him. He drinks the Busch N/A and it's really helped him immensely. I try to keep it for him.

* I did very little housework today. I did get a few loads of laundry washed, dried and put away. I straightened up the house but no major cleaning took place.

* I got dressed today and actually really liked my outfit. I even remembered to take a picture of it for you. This is the ONLY picture I took all day long.


* I was granted a special board meeting regarding my daughter's education. That meeting was this evening at 6:00. I went in as prepared as possible. I had written out my speech and presented it to 5 board members, a board attorney and the superintendent. Needless to say, I was a nervous wreck. I really thought they were going to be hardcore but they all voted to release her funds to an online virtual school for the 2014-2015 school year. It was such a relief that they decided it was in her best interest as well. That means she will be schooling from home this year via online courses. It's totally new territory for us and I'm nervous about it but know it's the best thing for her right now.

* My sweet daughter watched the babies while I attended the meeting. When I got home she had supper cooked. I swear she is such a wonderful and responsible girl. She had made Chicken Breasts, Rice & Baked Potatoes. Hubby's lucky, I probably would have fed him pizza.

* The Hubby went to a buddy's after he got home from work. Apparently they traded vehicles. If you have read my blog for any length of time you know that my Hubby is a trader. He can't help it, it's in his blood.

* Hubby trading means he will be working on his truck this weekend. Since he works Saturday that only leaves Sunday for him to tinker with it. This means I will not get to the lake again this weekend, Bummer!!!!

* Anika and Dustin went to Dustin's cousins to visit today. His cousin is in a wheelchair and Anika really connects with him. He gave her a coin collection today and she is so proud of it. I'm not just saying it because she's mine but she has the biggest heart.

* Hubby and I talked a little about Labor Day Plans. Initially we were thinking of a trip to an Amusement Park or Camping. We decided tonight we were due a little road trip. I'm excited to start working on the details. I love trip planning!!

* 1,100 Coal Miners in our area lost their jobs today. They are employed by the same company that my Husband is. It's a scary thing for us. While I know coal is a very controversial issue, these families could use your prayers. We live in "coal country" and if you don't work in the mines than you more than likely just don't work. There are no other decent paying jobs. So many families have already had to leave this area and it looks like many more will now. My Uncle as well as Anika's boyfriend's Daddy were two of the miners affected.

* I'm planning our August Date Night- my calendar is giving me fits because it's already so full for August. I'm determined to work that Date Night in though. I'm thinking a fishing trip might be fun.

* I'm also planning a girls day with Anika--- I'm thinking Pedicures :)

* Anika is going out and about with my Mommy tomorrow. She is getting her nails done and they are going to do a little shopping. She always enjoys that alone time with her Nan.

* The little one's and I will be staying home most all day tomorrow. I'm hoping to get the "junk" closet cleaned out and the laundry finished up. I also need to make a few phone calls!

* Tomorrow evening Anika, Annalee and I will be going to a baby shower! Hubby will be keeping Axle for me.

* The doctor told Ax at his appointment the other day that if he didn't quit drinking a bottle he would lose his teeth. Axle has been seriously worried about it. Not worried enough to quit the bottle but definitely worried enough that every bottle he drinks he asks "will my teeth fall out". It's really pretty hilarious.

* Hubby and Lee Lee are already in the bed so I need to head that way myself. Anika is drying her hair and Axle is STILL awake and playing with his cars. This night just needs to come to an end.

Dear Friends- Hope you all have a FABULOUS FRIDAY!!!!

Angie

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad they approved the money for Anika's online school program! That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete