Thursday, June 26, 2014

In the Home Stretch

I had planned on doing a Goal Update & June Recap but then my daughter informed me that I didn't really NEED to do one. I brushed her off and later on started thinking about it. She's right, I don't need to do one. While it's usually something I do, we are extra busy right now with vacation. I've still got things left to do before tomorrow night & a blog recap and goal update aren't necessarily that important. Sorry friends, maybe next month I'll work one in.

Today was productive thank goodness. We are in the home stretch of being ready for vacation. Here's what we accomplished today and a little of the things that happened around here!

Today:

I Slept- Way later than I needed to. You know, I say this every single day. I guess I should just come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to be a morning person. I used to think that when I got old (like 80), I'd eventually grown into one of those people who got up with the chickens. As time goes on and I get older, I just don't see it happening. I think I'll always be a late riser.

I Wore- A pair of ragged denim bermuda shorts and the Hubby's tee. My hair was a mess & I wore no makeup. I'm sorry to anyone who had to see me!

I Appreciated- Dustin loading up all the dirty laundry for me so I could go to the laundromat

I Ate- Cereal for lunch! I'm not a breakfast person but a good bowl of cereal for lunch is fine by me

I Finished- The last of the laundry! I'll  probably have to do a load or two while on the road but for the most part, I'm done till after vacation.

I Picked Up- The rest of Anika's medication. Everyone has all their medicines for the trip now

I Talked- To my Momma like a bazillion times. She has spent her day playing with her new camera we got her for her Birthday. She NEEDS to be packing. They are leaving out on Saturday to join us.

I Listened- To the kids DVD Players the entire time we were running errands. Axle LOVES them and sits extremely quietly. Annalee on the other hand isn't so thrilled with them. I find them quite annoying but I guess (hope) by the end of this trip I'll learn how to tune them out.

Ax watching his movie and fake smiling for the camera

See, told you Lee Lee could care less about the movie!

I Ordered- Two more new tires for the back of my van. Hubby insisted we had to have them. I about choked out, that is $400.00 worth of tires in 2 days. I guess at least the van should drive good.

I Laughed- Until I literally cried. Axle yelled for me to come help him. When I got to the living room he had pulled his pocket on his shorts inside out. He looked at me so seriously and said "there is a sock in my pocket and I can't get it out." I spent the next 15 minutes explaining that it wasn't a sock but it was the lining of his pocket. I had to make Dustin pull his pockets out to prove it to him. Never a dull moment around here!

I Planned- On running into the courthouse really quick and licensing my car. Nothing is ever that easy. First, they informed me that because I bought it off a dealership, I had to go to the dealership and pick up the title. Why they didn't give it to me to start with is beyond me. I griped but then drove a 1/2 hour to pick it up. I went back to the Courthouse and was told it was out of State and had to be inspected. I got the Sheriffs office to inspect it and FINALLY was able to license it. What should have took 15 minutes ended up taking over an hour!!


I Bought- A few more necessities for our trip. I think it's safe to say we have everything we need now.

I Saw- My Sister in Law in town. I didn't get to talk to her but for a minute but I was glad I got to see her again before we left. I'm sure we will be chatting on the phone while I'm gone.

Dropped Off- Dustin at his Mom's. He went to visit his Grandma this evening. She is very sick with cancer and he didn't want to leave without seeing her.

I Made- One final To Do List for tomorrow!!!!

I Wanted- A nap but there just wasn't time :( 

I Officially- Finished packing all of our things and boy did we have quite a bit!


I Decided- To call our hotel and inquire as to if they had Pack n Plays available before I loaded Annalee's up. Luckily they did and they don't even charge. I'm sure glad I called, it saved us a lot of room in the van!

I Thought- I better clean out the fridge before we left. I didn't want to come home to a bunch of grossness!

I Hated- That Hubby had to work outside till after dark cutting grass and weeds. He worked all day and then worked around here 1/2 the night. It had to be done though to keep the snakes away!

I Adored- Little Lee's painted fingers and toes. Thanks to her big sissy, her fingers and piggy's are beach ready!!!


I Cooked- Spaghetti for dinner..it was super easy and not much of a mess. Just what I was looking for. Ax LOVED it and ate 2 plates full. That is totally unusual for him.


I Enjoyed- A nice quiet bath. That is an unusual happening around here so it was a good moment. I even had time to shave my legs!

I Saw- Two rabbits playing at the end of my driveway. They were so cute. I didn't have my camera handy or I would have snapped a pic

I Talked Anika Into- Painting my toes and fingers! She did a lot of painting today between Lee and I. They look so much better too.


I was Reminded- By Anika that I hadn't ever took a pic of her beach nails so here ya go!


I Smiled- When Anika packed her Build A Bear for her trip. She's had the Bear for at least 13 year now and she has taken it on every vacation with us. I'm just glad she doesn't think she's too old this year!

I Was Ecstatic- When we FINALLY loaded the car! Things are getting real now folks

Prepared for Tomorrow- By making everyone get baths tonight. It will make our day go so much smoother tomorrow. Ax even got his haircut tonight and Hubby cut his too!

Let Anika- Color my hair and she did a good job. I don't have dye all over my head or anything. It turned out darker than I initially thought but I'm good with it.

Because I know you wanted to see a pic of me with 
hair dye on my head and no makeup!

I Watched- Bits and pieces of Kate Plus Eight. You know the one where the kids are all bigger now. I wish I would've had time to sit down and watch it all. I used to love that show.

Munched On- Too much chocolate cake, for real!

I Am Thankful- That God has blessed our lives so much. We sure don't deserve the gifts he gives us.


Tomorrow is finish up mode for us. I have a hair appointment, Dustin has college stuff to get done, I'm having two tires put on my van & there is some other assorted tasks that have to be completed. Tomorrow evening when the Hubs gets home around 6:00 he will shower and we will be off. Our first leg of the trip will be to Ashboro, NC were we will find a hotel and spend the night. I'm so excited to get on the road. I'm planning on trying to blog nightly while we are on vacation but we will see how that goes. 

Hope you guys have a fabulous Friday tomorrow!!!

Much Love,
Angie


5 comments:

  1. you go to bed so late, how could you NOT sleep in!!! looks like everyone is beach ready!!

    i am having a love affair with pasta these days, and you look very tired in your picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip! New tires are never a fun buy, but necessary. My best advice is to have them rotated and balanced every 7000-8000 miles. They last a lot longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate buying tires too, but they are really necessary!

    I hope you all have a wonderful relaxing time. You are going to need it after the day you've been through - I felt tired just thinking about all you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post and excited for your trip!! Hope you all enjoy yourselves. And I love that she still brings her bear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful, relaxing time on your vacation. Looking forward to hear what you did and see lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete