Friday, June 13, 2014

Back in Business

Howdy Folks, I'm back in business. Yep, I got a computer cord today so I'm back to writing up posts and reading blogs. That makes this girl very happy.

I'm going to just give you a run down of the past two days and catch you up. I can't wait to start posting daily again. It's so much easier that way.

Yesterday (Thursday)- The kids and I slept in till around 10:30. Once we woke and got ourselves put together, we loaded up and went to my Mom's house. Her and Anika left to go to Pikeville to have her car serviced and Ax, Lee and I hung out at her house so I could use her computer. I should have taken a bunch of photos while I was there because I swear her house is looking like a botanical gardens these days. I didn't though, the only photo I actually got was one of Anika. She looked so darn cute that I just couldn't help myself.


After I finished up on the computer, we ran a few errands and then headed home. I had big plans of vacuuming my car out but the rain put a real damper on that for me. 



Instead, I warmed up a bowl of potato soup that Mom had sent me the night before and watched Love It or List It on HGTV! It was actually quiet nice to have some down time. Annalee took a nice long nap and before she woke Axle went to sleep too so there was a brief period that they were both asleep at the same time. I took full advantage and cleaned my living room from top to bottom. I even swept and mopped under the couch and chair which was in desperate need.

Annalee woke soon after I got the living room cleaned but was in a good mood so I was able to straighten the rest of the house and start supper. I fixed some Cheeseburgers and Ranch Pasta Salad. Hubby came home and ate & then headed straight for his garage for more work time on his motor. Our neighbor Cody came down and assisted him until well after dark.

Anika got home around 7:00 and of course she came in carrying new stuff her Nan bought her. My Mom absolutely spoils her rotten. She got two new tops for our upcoming beach trip and a new bathing suit. 



Dustin had worked all day so of course when she got home, he came straight down. Those two apparently are now attached at the hip. It's a good thing we like the boy!

Hubby finally called it quits around 10:00. His goal is to have the truck running by Saturday night. I'm hoping it works out for him because I'm wanting to hit the lake up Sunday. We chatted with him a few after he came in and showered and then we went to bed. It was the earliest I'd been to bed in awhile. I'm thinking I was asleep by 10:30. Unfortunately I didn't get to stay asleep, Annalee had a rough night of coughing and ended up in the bed with me. Note to self: I cannot sleep with her ever again. Oh my goodness, she kicks like a mule ALL NIGHT long.


Today (Friday)- For whatever reason, both my little one's decided to get up at 5:30 this morning as Hubby was leaving for work. I was NOT happy about it but couldn't convince them to go back to sleep. It was almost 7:30 before they finally gave in and laid back down. This would have made me happy except for the fact that they fell asleep on top of me on the couch.  The three of us on the couch trying to sleep was NOT comfortable. I managed to get a little shut eye though, thank goodness.

We finally woke for the day around 10:00. We got up and got ready and headed out. I had some errands in town to run and then we went to the next town over to do some shopping. We stopped by a thrift store that we had never been into before just to browse. I found a dress for myself, Anika found a skirt and I picked up two collared shirts for Dustin for Church. It was an okay thrift store but not one I'd frequent often.

We ventured into K-Mart to try and find some gifts. I was on the hunt for Father's Day gifts for my Dad and my Husband as well as a Birthday gift for my Mom. I was very pleased to find all three. While I was browsing at cameras for my Mom, I found one I wanted for myself. I justified buying it because my camera is not working very good these days and I need a good one for the Beach! Yep, I brought it home with me. Don't worry, I got my Mom one too for her birthday.

Lee was getting cranky by the time we left so I made a quick trip in Walmart with just Axle. Lee and Anika waited on us in the car. I was in search of a power cord for the laptop and was over the moon happy when I found it. The price did not thrill me as much though, $70.00 for a cord, ridiculous.

We grabbed some takeout to bring home for dinner from Fazollis, stopped by Advanced for the Hubby and picked Dustin up at his house before heading home. After we got the car unloaded and all got in the house, I talked Dustin into vacuuming my vehicle for me. Yes, he scored major brownie points. I hooked up my laptop to charge and went to put my camera battery on charge when I noticed that all the parts was in my camera box but there was NO CAMERA!!!!! Yes, I freaked out, grabbed the phone and called K-Mart. Luckily they had already realized what they had done and told me just to run back over and pick it up. I was never so relieved.

Hubby came home from work, we ate and then he went back to his garage. I'm telling you, the guy has lived out there this past week. Anika & Dustin took the little one's out to play soccer while I ran back to get my camera. It's a 1/2 hour drive each way so it was a long trip but there was no way I wasn't going back.

When I got back home, I hung out in the garage with Hubby for a bit and then straightened up my house. Little Lee got her a good hot bath while Axle and Dustin played the X-box. Anika made a tasty lemon cake with cream cheese icing! Hubby came in around 9:00, showered, ate some cake with us and chatted for a few before he headed off to bed. The kids all went to sleep fairly quickly tonight and I've spent a ridiculous amount of time online watching the latest School Board Meetings via You Tube. Our school system has went to the dogs. I'm actually really glad that we have decided to Home School Anika next year. I think it will be the best thing for her.

It's 1:30 in the morning now and I really should be sleeping. Before I go though, I have to share this cute picture of Axle with you. It amazes me how fast my boy has grown.



Tomorrow looks to be another busy day. We are meeting my Parent's for Brunch in the morning and then I have to go pay my car payment. I also have this massive amount of laundry that has to be done and since I have no washer, it has to go to the laundromat!


I hope you all enjoy whatever you have planned for your Friday. I'll check back in tomorrow evening.

Goodnight folks and I'm very glad to be back :)

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment