Sunday, May 11, 2014

Prom & Mother's Day

What a busy weekend it's been. I knew it was going to fly by. Here we are headed for another Monday. Let's just hope this week is nice to us all.

Our Saturday pretty much consisted of one thing, Anika going to Prom. Between manicures, hair appointments, makeup, getting dressed & then attending the Grand March Ceremony, we were busy. Here's some photos for you viewing pleasure!






















 I of course had a gazillion more pictures I took but I didn't want to overwhelm you all too much. There was pictures with pretty much every member of our family as well as his. The kids had a GREAT time and Anika is still talking about it today. They danced until their legs are actually sore. Definitely a special day for the both of them!

I had planned on joining my Mother in Church this morning but since I had to pick up Anika and Dustin at midnight last night and didn't get home till 1:30 this morning, it just didn't happen.

We actually spent the majority of our Mother's Day just hanging out here at the house. The weather was gorgeous so the kids played outside all day long.






This evening we went to my Parent's house for a cookout! My Aunt & Uncle was there along with my Grandma, my Mom and Dad & of course Dustin! We had some amazing fun, lots of laughing and joking & some good games of cornhole. The kids had a blast playing in Nan's yard, they always do. It was definitely a great Mother's Day Celebration!





When I got home I couldn't believe I had only taken 3 photos!! I guess that is a sure sign of a good time.

While I hate to see this weekend end, it's going too. At least our schedule for next week doesn't look to be too busy. I've got a ton of things I need to get done around here.

I hope all of you have had a wonderful weekend
Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's out there!!!

Angie








7 comments:

  1. She looking so pretty and I loved her dress. The color was on point.
    Late night but glad you had a wonderful Mothers Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. anika looks so beautiful for her prom....the dress is just gorgeous. she picked the perfect color and surely attended to every detail, so she could feel like a princess. the junior prom in our town was always mothers day weekend and i always wondered why they picked that saturday!!

    looks like you had a wonderful weekend!! happy mothers day to the busiest mom i know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anika looked absolutely gorgeous! Her dress, hair, jewelry, date's attire ... just perfect!

    Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

    Happy (belated) Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous Anika looks in those prom photos! That's one of the most beautiful prom dresses that I've seen in years! Georgia and I were peeking at prom dresses last month at the mall (she needs a nice dress for her fifth grade graduation, so we were looking in the teen department) and so many were low-cut or had large chunks of flesh showing around the waist. We didn't see anything as nice as Anika's dress! I'm so glad they had a great time at their prom. I think parents forget what a special night the prom is for a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anika looked so pretty in her prom photos, and her date looked very handsome.

    A Mother's Day BBQ sounds wonderful! I always forget to take pictures when I'm having a good time, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty girl and I love her dress! Hope she had a good time.

    ReplyDelete