Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014

While I'd love to stay up super late tonight and blog read, I just can't. It's one of those nights that I could fall deeply into all the awesome posts that are lingering in my reader BUT I'd never get the kids up for school tomorrow. Being the responsible (ha) adult that I am, I've quit reading for the night and decided to type up tonight's post so I could head on to bed.

Today has been a Monday. While it's not been all good, it's definitely not been all bad. I'll take that for a Monday! Here's a little more about our day!

Monday May 5, 2014

Outside my Window: It is dark and the temps have fallen. I was standing outside a bit ago talking to my cousin Brittany and it's definitely turned chilly out.

I am Thinking: That I'm going to get rid of my Desktop and get a Laptop instead. This means I would have to go unplugged for a bit but I think it would be worth it. If I go missing in action for a week or so, don't worry about me, I'm just making the transition. 

I am Thankful: For being able to spend the evening with my parent's. Hubby is on 2nd shift this weeks o the kids and I went to my Parent's house and hung out! They had the best time playing and my Mommy made us the very best dinner. We had Catfish, Hush Puppies, Fried Potatoes and Blueberry Cake. You can't beat that!








In the Kitchen: There is dirty dishes in the dishwasher and the sink. I should really start the dishwasher before bed but probably won't. Not much cooking has taken place in there today. I made some Egg Sandwiches for lunch but that is about it.

I am Wearing: My Hubby's Boxer Shorts and a Blue Tee that says Axle's Mom on the back! It was a 
T-Ball Shirt I bought when he was going to play. He ended up not playing but I still sport the short. No use letting a good T-Shirt go to waste!

I am Creating: A Summer Plan...it's a work in progress but I want to have some sort of plan in place before school ends.

I am Going: To bed as soon as I finish this post. I'm getting really sleepy :)

I am Wondering: How we will ever pay for everything we need to over the next few months. I'm trying not to stress to bad, things have a way of always working out.

I am Reading: Blogs...that is pretty much all I ever read!

I am Hoping: Hubby is off work on Saturday so he can go watch Anika walk into Prom

I am Looking Forward to: This month, several things! This week Axle's Family Picnic, Anika's Prom and Mothers Day!

I am Learning: That to be happy, you have to WANT to be happy! It's true...your mindset makes all the difference

Around the House- The place is a wreck but we are warm and my kids are all sleeping safely in their beds. Such a blessing!

I am Pondering- If I like Anika's Prom Makeup or not. Tonight her and my Cousin Brittany did a Trial Run to see what they could come up with. I do like it but I'm wondering if it's too dark. I can't make up my mind!



A Favorite Quote for Today:



One of my Favorite Things Today: Spending time with my family. Such a blessing to be around all those that you love and love you :)

A few Plans for the Rest of the Week- Tomorrow Annalee has her 1st First Steps appointment, Wednesday I'm hoping to go to Church with my Daddy, Thursday Anika has a Counseling appointment, Friday is Axle's Family Picnic, Saturday is Prom and Sunday is Mother's Day!!!! Busy week ahead!

A Peek Into My Day: We have spent lots of time outdoors today. The kids had a blast riding this new Power Wheels I picked up for them for $2 at a Yard Sale this past weekend. Talk about a great deal, I got it!





That's a Wrap Friends
Goodnight :) 

3 comments:

  1. Your mom's dinner sounds awesome!
    Well, it's always dark lighting at prom, right? So maybe the makeup wouldn't be so dark at prom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of that quote so often....it's an important one to remember!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that quote. I hope to remember it when I am having a "bad day." This post was fun to read. :)

    ReplyDelete