Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter Weekend

We started off our Easter Weekend with a camping trip. We left out Friday night after the Hubby got off work. By the time we made a Walmart stop, got camp set up and fixed a bite to eat, it was pretty much time to call it a night. I was exhausted from our busy day anyway so the kids and I went on to bed. Hubby and his friend Brandon hung out by the campfire for awhile and then he came to bed. I was sound asleep by that time.









Saturday was a great day. The weather was beautiful and we were joined by tons of friends and family. At one point there was about 12 kids there. My children had a blast. The boys went fishing early that morning, my dad took the kids on a boat ride, we played cornhole, ate lots of good food, had smores and just relaxed. Definitely no reason to complain!

















Saturday night after sitting around the fire and laughing until my side hurt, I finally decided to call it a night around midnight. Hubby and I got in the bed with the kids and fell fast asleep. Within about 2 hours I woke up and felt like I was sweating to death. I took off my sweatshirt and uncovered but it didn't help. A few minutes later I found myself in the bathroom throwing up. That was pretty much the rest of my entire night. At 8:00 this morning, I couldn't take it any longer so I called my daddy and asked him to come get me. That is one of the downfalls of not taking another vehicle with the RV I guess. Dad picked me and Annalee up. Hubby and Ax stayed at the campground. Dad brought me home and took Annalee to his house so my Mom could watch her. I spent all day today in bed or throwing up. My body has hurt like I never imagined it could. I've been in terrible shape. I first thought maybe I had the stomach virus (and maybe I do) but one of my friends who also camped with us ended up coming home last night with the same exact symptoms. When I was telling Dad, he pointed out that her and I were the one's cooking and that he thought we might have Salmonella poisoning from the raw chicken we handled. I'm not sure he's not right since no one else got sick but us.

Hubby and Ax brought the RV home today and then went and picked up the new boat we bought. I promise I don't think I've opened my eyes today. Luckily Anika and Lee were with my Mom so I was able to sleep all day long. Hubby and Ax came home about 7:00 and Mom brought the kids home shortly after. There was so much to be done tonight and I'm proud of my Husband and Anika for getting it done. The kids church clothes are laid out, Easter Baskets are filled and Eggs are colored. Without them I'd never made it.





I'm really hoping to make it to Church tomorrow morning so prayers that I wake up feeling better would be much appreciated. We have our Family Easter dinner and hunt at 2:00 tomorrow and I'm very excited for it. I know the kids will have a blast.

Everyone is sleeping around here now and I'm off to join them. My body is still aching and my stomach is still upset. I've already laid down the bunny tracks and all to do now is set the baskets out and wait till morning time for the kids to discover the Bunny has ran.


Friends, I hope all of you have a Happy and Blessed Easter Sunday

Angie

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, how awful for you! I hope you are feeling better. Thank goodness for family who is there to help you out.

    Those "bunny tracks" are so cute!

    ReplyDelete