Tuesday, April 15, 2014

ABC's of Tuesday

It's been one of those days with pros and cons. I'm happy to report nothing MAJOR has transpired though and in my book that is a pretty good day. Thought I'd do a little ABC post for you today. There always fun to do!

A- Anika went to the Orthodontist this morning at 10:30. It was just to check her retainer. Everything looked good & she doesn't have to go back for 3 months. This totally excited us. We are almost done with the whole braces thing!

B- Been planning our Beach Vacation some with my Mommy today. I think we finally have most of the details figured out. I'm so beyond thankful that her and my daddy are going with us this year. This will be our first vacation together since before Axle was born.

C- Color Run is coming to our area. Mom hit me up today to do it with her and I was all game. I've been wanting to do one forever. We registered today. It's going to be so much fun!

D- Dustin and Anika had their first official lovers quarrel. All kinds of drama was floating around here. They are totally over it now and all lovey dovey once again.

E- Enjoyed a little thrift shopping today and scored some nice deals. I got several Gladware Storage containers for 25 cents each, a pretty Quilt for our camper and some clothes for Ax, Annalee and Anika. I also found a dress for myself and a few books for the kiddos! Best part, I shopped alone. Anika watched the two little one's for me. It was a much needed break.

F- Fried Potatoes with Ketchup was my evening snack thanks to my Mom. She brought me a whole plate full and I devoured  them. No one can make fried potatoes like my Mommy. Little Lee doesn't know it yet but mom sent her a bowl of Fried Apples. That is what she will be having for breakfast in the morning!

G- Good Friday equals a 3 day weekend for the Hubby! Campground here we come :)

H- Hoped to get Annalee's closet organized today and the camper cleaned out. Neither happened, I don't know where the time went.

I- I've got lots to get done tomorrow. My list is a mile long, wish me luck please!

J- Just couldn't believe I woke up to snow this morning. Please Mother Nature, put Winter away for at least a year!


K- Kept a headache most of the day. I swear my allergies might be the death of me.

L- Loving that Anika is so involved with her Youth Group. Tomorrow they are picking her up from school and she is participating with them in a Pride County Cleanup. She is actually excited to clean up trash!

M- Made some Chicken Tenders, Stuffing and Pinto Beans for dinner today. It was quite yummy!

N- Never thought about it but at Anika's Health Dept. appointment today they put her on vitamins. They said it is because she doesn't eat much meat. She's not a full blown vegetarian but she eats very little meat. Apparently they were worried about her protein intake.

O- Opted out of doing a Challenge this week. You know I usually set weekly challenges for myself but with this week being a short week for Hubby and Easter, I decided not to do one. I'll resume next week.

P- Playtime with Daddy is one of my kids favorite things. I think it's because Daddy is gone so much. As soon as he gets home on his day shift weeks they head straight to the garage to hang out with him. Today was no exception. I heard them making an awful racket and opened the door to find Hubby and Lee trying to pants poor ole Axle. They were all laughing hysterically and running around. It melted my heart :)


Q- Quote I love- It's so true. You have to be friends!


R- Really need to get on the ball with this whole Easter thing. There are still baskets to be made, eggs to be colored, egg hunts to attend and a family gathering to enjoy. I'm way behind!!!!

S- Silly Axle fell today and hurt his arm. He pretty much just skinned up his elbow but you would have thought he might be dying. He's walked around all evening with a bandage on it and holding it close to his chest as though he broke it. Hubby hasn't helped by encouraging him to put it in a sling. I swear my boy is more dramatic than my girls.

T- Tomorrow First Steps comes for Lee's hands on evaluation. I'm interested to see what they say.

U- Up past my bedtime again tonight. My goal is to be in the bed BEFORE 11:00 and it's already 15 minutes after. I still have to pack Hubby's bucket and get some other things in order. Ugh, I can never get it all done on time.

V- Visited with a friend tonight and her boys. They stopped by for a few minutes. I am so jealous, they are leaving for Disney on Friday. I hope they have a fabulous time though. It's their first trip and I know the boys will love it.

W- What I wore today- Let me just add that I didn't realize this outfit made me look so manly. I'm totally up in the air on if I want to keep this blazer or not now.

Blazer- Thrifted
Shirt- Cato's
Jeans- Cato's
Shoes- Coach from Macy's

X- Read a blog today and the lady's little boy called Stingrays X-rays. I thought it was the cutest thing ever!

Y- You might have noticed or not but I've been doing quite a bit of blog reading lately. I truly love hearing what is going on in your lives.

Z- Zoning out I'm so tired....should probably call it a night!

Happy Almost Wednesday
Hope Everyone has a good one!

Angie

4 comments:

  1. I haven't dyed eggs either. Actually, the last couple of years I've been lazy and haven't done it at all! I have the stuff too. Maybe I'll get around to it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgoodness....kids do say the darndest things!! we had snow last night also, winter just won't give up!!

    i am looking forward to this weekend as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh, my allergies are going to be the death of me too! thank God for medicine!

    I don't think you look manly in your outfit at all! I think it's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how much snow has been sticking around it so many parts of the country, so crazy. Awesome you have your summer trip all planned. I love good thrift store finds.

    ReplyDelete