Monday, March 31, 2014

Summing up Our Sunday

Happy Monday Morning Friends!!!

I didn't manage to get up a post yesterday so I thought I'd drop in early this morning and do it. Our Sunday was definitely a busy one.

I ended up waking up around 9:00 yesterday morning. Torie and Anika were just getting ready to go out the door and get on the church bus. I could have kicked myself for not getting up earlier and taking a picture of them. They both looked beautiful. Their plan for the day was Sunday School, Church and then a Community Walk against drugs!

Hubby and I chatted for a bit and then I had to get up and make toast. Axle found the new jelly I bought and he was demanding some toast for breakfast. I can't complain though, he ate an entire piece. That is huge for Axle, the kid who doesn't eat. Little Lee enjoyed her's too of course! She enjoys pretty much all food though.

She always has her eyes closed in pictures!!!

Hubby had traded for another truck at work the other night so his plan for the day was to go get it. His buddies Derek and Jimmy were going with him & he was going to take Ax too. I was pretty happy about it, I figured Lee and I could get our grocery shopping done while the boys were gone. Ax got all cleaned up and was ready to go right up until time to leave and then he decided to stay with me. He's such a Momma's Boy!



While I really dreaded taking BOTH little one's to the store, I knew I was going to have to. It's going to be a busy week this week and I really just needed to get my shopping out of the way. Hubby also needed me to run some errands for him so I bit the bullet and got myself and Lee dressed. It was cold yesterday so we had to dress in layers!!

I ran Hubby's errands first which ended up being a total waste of my time. The boy that I was supposed to pick up a title from ended up not being home and the beer store didn't open till 1:00 and I was there at Noon. At least I got some pretty photos on the way.




I couldn't help but snap a picture of these two also. They looked so cute cuddled together in the car!!



We did manage to get our Grocery Shopping done and actually the kids weren't all that bad. I had to get on to Ax a few times for adding stuff to our buggy but otherwise they both did pretty well. I was proud of them!

When we got home I put Lee down for a nap and she was more than ready. She immediately went to sleep. I fixed Ax some milk, got him a blanket and pillow & turned his cartoons on. He was asleep by the time I got all the groceries carried in. 

I got our groceries unloaded and put way. We are good on grub for another week. I try to spend $100.00 or less each week at the store and menu planning has really helped me reach that goal. While I went over $25.00 this week, I was still very happy! I didn't end up buying anything that wasn't on the list except for a can of fried apples that Lee will enjoy for breakfast. I did good. 



Here is our Menu Plan for this week. I just plan 7 days of dinners and then I make them as I decide. That allows me the freedom to choose an easier dinner on busy days and a more complicated meal on down days. I also always buy stuff for the Hubby's bucket and breakfast items as well as a few snack foods for the kids and I. This week I had to pick up some stuff to make Oreo Dessert as well. I'll be sending it to the family for the dinner after the funeral service today.

Day 1: Cheeseburgers, Potato Salad & Baked Beans
Day 2: Hamburger Steak Fried Potatoes, Pinto Beans and Texas Toast
Day 3: Chicken & Rice, Loaded Baked Potatoes and Rolls
Day 4: Homemade Chicken Noodle with Mexican Cornbread
Day 5: Tex Mex & Mexican Cornbread
Day 6: Chicken & Stuffing Bake, Macaroni and Cheese and Biscuits
Day 7: Mini Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Corn on the Cob & Rolls
Dessert: Dump Cake


Since the kids were both napping, I should have tried to of been very productive but it just didn't happen. Instead, I watched some television, lounged on my couch and had a long phone conversation with my friend Christal. Sometimes you just NEED to do that. Other than minor straightening, no work got done around here yesterday :)

Hubby ended up getting home with his truck. It actually don't look 1/2 bad for what he paid for it. I was pretty shocked. He came in briefly and then headed right back out. He had to run over to that boy's house and try to get the title that I went after earlier with no luck. While he was gone I fixed some Sloppy Joe's and French Fries. I guess I could have waited on him to get back and eat with me but I didn't, I was hungry!!! After I ate I got a shower. Both kids were STILL asleep. They took, very good naps yesterday. I went ahead and dried my hair and fixed my makeup before waking up Lee. It was nice to get cleaned up all by myself.

Around 4:30, I woke up Lee and fed her. Ax was still asleep so I didn't bother him. I got Lee dressed. She looked so pretty. I wish I'd taken a picture. I then got myself dressed and ready to go. Hubby came home shortly after and by that time Axle was awake. Lee and I headed off to the funeral home while Hubby and Ax stayed here and worked around outside. Anika still hadn't gotten home when I left. Her Church Group made a day of it!

The funeral went okay to be a funeral. It was sad and everyone was just heartbroken to lose Aunt Debbie. I saw lots of family that I haven't saw in years and even got to catch up with an old friend from Elementary School. Lee and I ended up staying about 2 1/2 hours. Lee did so good, she was just so sweet. Everyone LOVED her!!!

When we got home the boys were already inside and on the computer. Hubs was looking for a part for his side by side. Anika had went to spend the night with her friend Torie. Hubby said she tried calling me but couldn't get me so he just let her go. He acts like I don't allow him to make a decision for our kids LOL!

Lee was exhausted so I changed her clothes, fixed her a bottle and put her too bed. She fell asleep in no time. I guess getting passed around from person to person wears a girl out. Hubby, Ax and I sat in the living room and just hung out for awhile. I fixed us a sandwich before bed and Ax wanted MORE toast. Apparently he really likes the new jelly a lot! I fixed a title for the Hubby, straightened up the house a bit and then called my Anika to check on her. I never laughed so hard when she told me that she had to ride the bus to school tomorrow with Torie. The child hasn't been on a bus since Headstart. That should be interesting! By 10:30 I was in the bed myself. I'd hoped to be asleep earlier but it just didn't happen. 

Today is going to be another long one. Actually this week is going to be a long one. It's going to be a busy week. The Little One's and I will be going to the Funeral today at 2:00. Anika isn't going, she can't miss anymore school. 

It's Monday and it's early but I'm still happy....
Wanna know why? Spring has FINALLY arrived!!!
It's going to be a beautiful weather week and for that, I am thankful :)

Happy Monday Friends
Hope you all have a great week

Angie





2 comments:

  1. Aw, that photo of the kiddos in the car is precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your aunt's death. I'm glad you got to go to the funeral. I always feel they provide closure.

    The picture of the two littles in the car is so cute.

    ReplyDelete