Sunday, March 2, 2014

Starting Over

My life has changed over the past few months. I have changed over the past few months. I had a blog that I kept up for sometime but I decided a few weeks ago that when I started blogging again I was going to start fresh with a whole new blog.

While I'd love to share every little detail of my life with you today, I'm not going to. Let's face it, you don't want to hear all of that right now anyway. What I will tell you is that about 3 year ago, I considered myself a perfectly normal person. I was genuinely happy most of the time, I was happily married and my life was pretty much perfect. One day it seemed all that changed. I ended up pregnant for the 2nd and 3rd time after only having one child for 12 year, I suffered from severe post partum depression, my mother and father moved, I lost 3 very special loved ones, I was involved in a tragic accident that resulted in the death of a young boy, my teenage daughter got very depressed and had some mental health issues and as a result of all the above, my marriage got a bit rocky. Life pretty much just flipped upside down on me.

A few weeks ago I realized that I had hit my lowest point and was severely depressed. I went to my family physician who gave me some medicine and some very good advice. I decided I wasn't going to let my depression beat me and so now I'm on a journey to regain control of my life. I'm happy to report that although it's only been a few weeks, I'm feeling much better. It's an everyday battle but I will beat this. I will eventually be the person I once was. I will be happy again!

While depression is a big part of my life right now, it's not the only part. I have 3 beautiful children who keep me overly busy. I have goals, creative ideas and so many thoughts on so many things. I don't want this blog to be doom and gloom. If anything I want it to be positive, uplifting and hopefully helpful to anyone dealing with some of the same issues I am.

I invite you to follow along and hope you enjoy my posts. I love blogging, it's always been a passion of mine. I'm just so happy to be doing it again.

Here's to a fresh start friends :)

Angie

5 comments:

  1. Oh Angie! Welcome back! I've missed hearing about what's going on in your life. I wish you so much success with your recovery and with getting yourself back to your old happy. PPD is such a serious thing and couple that with all the other events that you've faced over the last year, no wonder it's been a rough time!!! Asking for help is always the best first step. I'm exciting to bookmark your new blog and to hear more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome BACK!!! I have missed you and have gone over to your Facebook page several times just to make sure you are still there.
    Love to and prayers for you! I have been there and done that - depression - twice. You can DO this and you WILL do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!!!!! Your words of encouragement mean so much :)

      Delete
  3. I can't seem to find a 'Follow' button......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I got the button fixed Linda! Let me know if your still having problems!

      Delete