Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday Summarized

I'm tired already and it's only 8:00. Looks like it will be an early to bed night for me. Luckily I already have MOST of what I have to do done for the night. I still have to reload the dishwasher and finish up a final load of laundry but that is about it. I think this cold and congestion is just making me feel yucky. Hopefully I will wake feeling better tomorrow.

I don't have a lot to post today- no pictures. I actually lost my memory card for my camera up until late this afternoon so I couldn't take pics. I'll do better tomorrow. Anyway, I'm going to keep this short and sweet for ya today!

For Today: Monday- March the 24th, 2014

Outside my Window: Sits our RV we purchased a few weeks ago. We have been loading a few things each day that we are going to need when we actually get to use it. Could someone PLEASE let Mother Nature know I'm pretty excited to go camping & I can't do it with a forecast like tonight's. Yep, we are supposed to get a dusting of snow. This does not make me happy!

I am Thinking: About how far I've come with my depression since starting this blog. I'm doing really well and I'm really proud of myself. My progress is a combination of medication and putting my mind to it. While I've not made huge changes in my life, I have made minor changes and they really have had a big impact. I dress daily even if I don't feel like it. When I'm dressed cute, I get a good nights sleep and that really has been key to me having more productive days. When I'm productive I feel like I have a purpose! I've also started changing the way I do things around the house, just little things. I'm trying to come up with ways to manage my time better, accomplish more and still have time to just ENJOY life! Isn't that the whole purpose of our time here, to enjoy it?

I am Thankful: That Annalee's wheezing is much less tonight. I had her back to the doctor today and she is one sick gal. Her oxygen level was down to 86 and she had that whistle noise when she would breathe. He was very concerned and prescribed her an antibiotic and steroid. After just one dose of the steroid, she already sounds better and her coughing has calmed. I pray this works. He said if she didn't get much better in the next few days she would have to be hospitalized.

In the Kitchen: Is a full refrigerator and pantry. I decided last week that I was going to start menu planning again. Over the weekend I came up with my menu and grocery list. I have designated Monday's as my weekly grocery shopping day so today Lee and I went and stocked up. I only bought a few items that wasn't on the list but we needed them (Paper Plates, Etc). I'm so happy to NOT have to run by the store everyday this week. I hope I can keep it up. I used to do it so I know how much money and time it saves.

I am Wearing: Brown Pull-On Pants and a Brown Cowl Neck Sweater. Earlier today I had on a tan jacket and a brown scarf. It was a pretty cute get up! I'm getting ready to change into my pajamas though. My pajamas are definitely my favorite clothing pieces :)

I am Creating: A Home Management Binder. Years ago I had one and used it for awhile but let it fall to the wayside. I'm hoping to set this one up in a way that it will save me time and keep me organized! I'll do a post on it and how I set it up once I get it finished. Right now it's a work in progress.

I am Going: To have to have a major closet clean out session. Today my Mom called and said she had some clothes that my Aunt sent me at her house. I ran up and picked them up and oh my goodness, I hit the jackpot. I got a ton of cute tops, dresses and pants. I also scored a quit and some pillow shams that will find a new home in our RV. Anika's favorite part was the shoes, her and I wear the same size. We scored at least 10 new pair and 1 pair of them was Coach. Between what she gave me and what I bought on my shopping spree last Friday, I have no where to put everything!!!!

I am Wondering: If the Hubby will have to work this weekend. Probably, it's supposed to be pretty outside. That's usually when they require them to work. I think they do it on purpose!!!

I am Reading: Very few blogs these days. There just isn't enough hours in the day. I'm trying friends, I really am

I am Hoping: That the kids have school tomorrow. With snow in the forecast, who knows. I love having my kids home, don't get me wrong. They have already missed so much though they are going to be going all summer long. They just don't need to miss anymore.

I am Looking Forward To: An Anti Drug Walk I'm doing this coming weekend.

I am Learning: That you can only do what you can do. This season of my life is unpredictable and while it's nice to have a daily plan (it keeps me on track), there are some days that plan goes out the window. Today for instance, I got my chores done but we didn't get Tot School in nor did I get nearly enough planning done. It's okay, there is always tomorrow.

Around the House: Little Lee is almost asleep in her bed, Ax is watching cartoons in the living room & Anika just got out of the shower and is getting ready for bed. Things around here are definitely winding down for the night.

I am Pondering: On if I want to go to Church Wednesday night. A part of me does and a part of me doesn't. I want to go but I don't want to be so late getting home. I guess we shall see what Wednesday brings.

A Favorite Quote for Today: 



One of my Favorite Things Today: When I picked up Ax from school today he brought me a bag of food. His Headstart Program sends home a bag of food (ramen noodles, soup, oatmeal, etc) with each child once a month. It's a sponsored thing by one of the churches. Ax was so tickled with this bag of food. He said it had soup in it, really good soup, and he couldn't wait to eat some of it. It was so cute. He was so proud!

A Few Plans for the rest of the Week: Tomorrow none, we are taking another day to see if Lee's health improves. Tomorrow is Storytime but she just isn't able to go. Wednesday Anika is going with the Youth Group to see a movie. The kids and I may go to Church. Thursday and Friday, no plans. As for the weekend, I'm doing a walk on Saturday but that is it so far :)


There you have it, our Monday summarized!
Hope all of you have had a good one
I'll be back tomorrow

Angie





1 comment:

  1. This is a fun way to summarize all things great!!

    ReplyDelete