Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Perfect Smile!!!

It's almost my bedtime so I thought I better get a post up before I fell asleep!

Today started out busy but the evening ended up being a fairly non eventful one. I'm not complaining, trust me. Anika had an Ortho appointment scheduled this morning at 10:30. The office is a little over an hour away so I had my clock set for 8:00 am. I was so proud of myself because I actually heard it and got up. I haven't talked much about it but I have been having major sleeping issues. I went to the doctor and he prescribed me some sleeping medication. While it was making me sleep well, I still couldn't get up early. It has been one of my goals to become more of a morning person. I knew I'd feel better by getting on a regular sleep schedule PLUS I'm a mom to a kid in school, I really need to be getting my butt up early. While 8:00 isn't really all that early, I did it by myself this morning without the help of my Hubby. That really was a big accomplishment for me :) 

Getting ready went very smoothly this morning. I'm going to contribute that to the fact that I actually prepared everything last night. While it took a little effort last night, it sure made this morning easier. It's really the small things that help eliminate stress. Anika and I both were ready to go and on time this morning. The only issue I had was getting poor Hubby awake. He worked 2nd shift last night and so he didn't get into the bed till nearly 3:00 am. I had to wake him at 9:00 am so he could get up and watch the kids. Bless his heart, he has his faults but he truly is a good man. It made it so much easier on me being able to leave them home with him.

We arrived to the appointment about 15 minutes early and they took Anika on back. I figured we would be there forever but to my surprise it only took about an hour. While I was happy it didn't take long, I smothered out writing a $1,000.00 check for one hour's work. I will admit that although this has been a long and expensive journey with her braces, the results are amazing. She has a beautiful smile now. Here is her teeth with braces this morning and then a picture of her gorgeous straight smile after the appointment!




On our way home from the appointment, we stopped by what was called an upscale consignment shop. It actually was a shop that sold new things at lower prices.I browsed for awhile and found all kinds of things that would make nice gifts but I really didn't have anyone to buy for so I ended up just picking up myself a pair of Susan Graver Pants. They were new and only $10.00 so that made me happy. They are super soft too, I can see myself getting quite a bit of wear out of them!


Since we were in kind of a hurry to get home, we grabbed us a sandwich and pop from "Charlie's Grilled Subs". It was the first time either of us had ever eaten there and we were both glad we did. The sandwich I got was great, it was an Italian Classic! Anika loves Subway and she said she thought she might like Charlie's even better.

We got home just in enough time for me to give the Hubs goodbye kisses. We pulled in our driveway at 1:10 and he leaves at 1:15. I'm betting he is worn out tonight when he gets home.

We hadn't been home long when my Mom called wanting to come and get Anika and Axle for awhile. She wanted to see Anika's teeth and just spend some time with them. They ended up going to her house and staying until 8:30 tonight. When they left Little Lee was napping so I laid across the bed and napped for about an hour too. It was nice!!!

When Lee and I woke, I cleaned up the house a bit and did a load of Hubby's work clothes. Since Ax was gone, we didn't do much in the way of projects but I did give Lee a Muffin Pan and Muffin Cups to play with. I actually saw this on a blog I read but can't remember which one now. Annalee is smart so she immediately knew I wanted her to put the muffin cups in the pan. She put them on top of each other mostly but she got the general idea. She then destroyed the muffin cups by crunching them up to make them make noise, go figure!


I decided to bake an Ooey Gooey Butter Cake and while I did that Annalee played on her rocking horse. She has just now figured out how to make it rock by herself so she stays on it all the time. She got bored though before the cake actually went in the oven so I let her snack on Red Cotton Candy. I figured since we were working on Red this week, it went with the theme. She was one sticky red mess when she was done. 


I wiped her off a bit but figured I'd feed her dinner before her bath. Luckily I had leftover KFC from yesterday so I warmed her up some chicken, mac n cheese and green beans. She ate like a little pig, she always does. After dinner Miss Thang hit the the tub and got all cleaned up. I straightened up the mess she had made in the bedroom, fixed her bed, gave her a bottle and she went down for the night.

Shortly after she went to sleep my other two came home. I talked to them a bit and then Anika and I ate some leftover Potato Soup. I have had to do zero cooking today. Ax had ate Pizza at Mom's so he wasn't hungry. Axle played around for awhile, Anika talked to a friend on the phone and I did some vacation planning. Vacation is only 4 months away and yes it will take me that long to plan!

Both kids are now snug in their beds. Anika has school tomorrow for the first time this week. Ax doesn't have school, they don't go on Friday's. The plans around here tomorrow include some meal planning and grocery shopping.

Since I don't have a clue where we are going on vacation yet, here are a few places I've been looking at. If you have any suggestions or comments and these places, please share. We will be taking a 2 week road trip so we plan on hitting up lots of different sites. I'm currently just compiling a list of places/things that might interest us.

Virginia Safari Park

This place is only about 5 hours away from where we live. It is in the Natural Bridge, Virginia area. While I'm not really interested in seeing the Natural Bridge, I thought this place looked like it might make a good stopover point for us. I've been to the Natural Bridge on the KY side and it's magnificent. I've been told that the Virginia side is not as amazing and their fee is fairly steep. This place thought is only $16.95 for adults and $10.95 for children. Annalee would be free! It's a 180 acre drive thru zoo. You can purchase buckets of food to feed the animals if you choose to do so. There is also the option of riding through on a wagon which would probably be what we would choose to do if we could. The site also has a small petting zoo and a snack bar. I think all my kids would enjoy this as well as us!

Virginia Beach

While we have visited numerous beaches, we have never been to Virginia Beach. I've heard wonderful things about it and the area. After doing extensive research on the area, I think we would probably just spend 1-2 days of our trip here enjoying the boardwalk and the beach. Am I missing anything amazing in the area to see?  We would be staying at the KOA Campground probably just because it offers a shuttle service to and from the beach area.

Ocean City, Maryland

My main interest is the Boardwalk. From what I can tell it's an extremely nice Boardwalk with TONS of attractions, food, etc. There is an RV Resort located within just a few miles of the Boardwalk called Castaway RV Resort. They offer a shuttle service right to the Boardwalk so that would be idea for us!

Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel

One of the main reasons for even looking into this area at all is this little wonder! My parent's have both been through the Tunnel and they absolutely raved about the experience. To me, this is amazing and I'd love to see it in person. I'm just wondering if it would freak me out a bit though? My daughter being 15 would thoroughly enjoy this I think!

Okay, I got to call it a night. Tomorrow comes early since there is school and I've got to get my butt in the bed! Beware that you will probably see many more random places I want to visit so if you don't enjoy it, I apologize in advance. I'm in total vacation planning mode now though!!!

Hope you all are having a good night
It's almost the Weekend :)

Angie






3 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great vacation!!! Two weeks is awesome!! Whatever you choose and wherever you go - take us with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, look at those lovely teeth! I am not a morning person either, but I WANT to be! You're right though, it does make a big difference to get everything prepared in advance the night before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chesapeake Bay is cool. The tunnel not so much. It's just a tunnel. When you are on the bridge part, all you see is water. Maybe you would like it, but it's not a thrill to me. It's very long and I can't wait to get off of it.

    ReplyDelete