Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday's Love List

What a day my friends! Up until around 6:00 this evening everything was sunshine & rainbows around here. I got a phone call from my Aunt asking me to go tell my Grandma that her baby Sister suddenly died of a massive heart attack. Not how I wanted to spend my afternoon. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to be with my Grandma but no one wants to be the bearer of that news. My Great Aunt Debbie was a very special woman and will be greatly missed but always in our hearts. At this time there have been no arrangements made. She has lived away from here for years but has two son's who live here. I'm not sure what they will do as far as a viewing and funeral, we are still waiting to hear.

With that said, I had started a Friday's Love List earlier today. Pretty much it was just summarizing what I loved this Friday. For the sake of not turning this into a tragic post, I'm going to go forth and share my love list. It's always a good idea to count your blessings so here's mine for the day.

Today I Loved:

* Lying in the bed listening to the rain. We got a few brief showers this morning and I was awake. I love the sound of rain from my cozy bed.

* How stunning Anika looked! Unfortunately her principal didn't agree and labeled her outfit inappropriate. I'm still not real sure why but whatever. That meant I had to make a trip to her school at 8:15 am to take her clothes because she had to sit in the office until she changed. Regardless, I thought she looked beautiful.


* Spongebob- No kidding folks! After my kids left for school I sat on the couch and literally laughed out loud at Spongebob. It was the episode where he was pretending to be dumb in front of what he thought was Patrick's parent's in order to make Patrick look smarter. Have you saw it?

* Gifts from my sweet Momma!!! When she picked up the kids for school she also brought me a new bag and Hubby some pickles she canned. Mom's are the best :)




* Completing all my Morning Chores early. I was totally on a roll this morning

* Warmth and being able to open my front door. It was a beautiful day today. I tried to go for a walk this afternoon with the kids but Anika whined around that she had boots on and her feet hurt so we didn't get to go. Ugh, teenagers!!!!

* Motrin- My sinuses have been killing me. I've literally lived on Motrin this week for facial pain and headaches.

* My Bologna, Egg & Cheese with Tomato on Toast that I made for breakfast. If you have never had one, try it. You will NOT be disappointed!!!


* Getting to have a long talk with my Sister in Law! It's been awhile and it was good to catch up with her. 

* My nice comfortable dress! I've felt like I've been in my pajamas all day, it's that comfortable. As a matter of fact, I still have it on.

* Leftovers for lunch which resulted in me not having to cook. Potato Soup is just as delicious on Day 2

* Finding my boy in his classroom and happy when I picked him up from school. He was sporting a party hat (big deal cause at the first of the year he wouldn't wear one) because they were celebrating their March Birthday's. He was covered in icing and had a big smile on his face. It always makes me feel better knowing he does okay once he's there.

* Cute little papers I got out of Axle's locker. There was a bundle of them but I didn't want you to have to see ALL of them so I snapped a picture of these two. This was when they were doing their 5 senses unit! My boy is getting smart :)



* My planner- Am I the only one who would be in serious trouble if it weren't for a planner? I write everything in it. Without it I'd never know where to be or what I should be doing.

* Getting a phone call from my Hubby so he could tell me he loved me before he went into work. Those just because calls are the best!

* Listening to gospel music, it did my soul good

* My dishwasher....we had 3 loads of dirty dishes today. I'm seriously glad I didn't have to do them by hand.

* Finding $10.00 lying on the bar. I have no clue where it came from but I really needed it.

* Compliments...I always love compliments :)

* Watching my kids eat Fun Dip!!! My kitchen floor did not love it so much


* That my washing machine isn't paid for. Yeah, weird thing to love, I know. It's tore up though and as long as I owe on it, they will replace it. Yippee, thank goodness I still had $120.00 to pay.

* Axle helping me mop the floor. He is such a good helper!

* Living in the country and listening to the frogs. While this little town annoys me most of the time, there are still many things I'd miss if I lived in a big city.

* Having a large family who all comes together in a time of need. Seriously, they are the best!

* Watching my kids play outside at my Grandma's. Her yard is fenced so I just turned them loose. They had the best time. I just wish I had my camera with me!

* Watching an episode of House Hunters. I love that show so much

* Having nice clean floors! Mopping is complete around here. Hubby is going to love it too. He absolutely hates sticky floors.

* Still having my precious granny at 35 years old. I am so blessed to have her in my life. Her health isn't good but she still gets around okay and her mind is fairly good. She is a precious gift for sure.

* Laughing at Annalee wearing a Depends. I left here in a hurry to get to my Granny and forgot Lee's diapers. She was wet so nothing would have Granny but me to change her and put one of her Depend's on her. I swear it was a Kodak moment. I was literally in tears from laughing.

* That my kids were both asleep by 9:00. It's been a quiet evening. Anika's been in her room and I've been in mine. I told the Hubby I'd try and wait up on him tonight but I'm not sure I'm going to make it. It's just now 11:30 and I'm so sleepy. I still have 3 hours to go!


That friends is my loves for today...definitely lots of blessings!

Before I go I want to sum up my weekly challenge for you. This week I vowed to not yell at my children. Well, I didn't fail miserably but I didn't pass with flying colors either. There was a few times that I caught myself yelling at Axle over something he was doing or was getting ready to do. He's at a tough age friends. While I slipped up a few times, I was happy to see that I really don't yell at them that much. For the most part I'm pretty calm. I won't say I was completely successful with this challenge but I'd give myself a passing grade. I'm going to blame the slip ups on me being sick anyway. It was my fault, right?

Next week my challenge is to dress up & try to be stylish. I'll be photographing each day's outfit for you so you can be the judge. I might need some luck on this one or maybe I'll just enlist Anika's help!

Happy Weekend Friends
Hope it's off to a good start for y'all

Angie

1 comment:

  1. I like your list. I love House Hunters too. And House Hunters International. Let's face it, I just like to look at other people's houses. It gives me lots of good ideas for my own house. And it's interesting to see houses in other countries.

    I laughed so hard at the picture in my mind of Annalee wearing a Depends. Oh my!

    You may not have passed with flying colors the not yelling bit, but at least you tried and some of the time you were successful. I call that progress!

    ReplyDelete